Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 transfer

Hi,

I am on an L1-A visa and completing five years on it. If my employer were to convert me over to an H1, how many years would I get on the H1? Would it be a total of six / seven years remaining on the L1 or would it be a fresh start of six years on the new H1?

Also, I have held an H1 visa in the past - would that fetch me any benefit while applying for an H1 again?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by snimkar View Post
    Hi,

I am on an L1-A visa and completing five years on it. If my employer were to convert me over to an H1, how many years would I get on the H1? Would it be a total of six / seven years remaining on the L1 or would it be a fresh start of six years on the new H1?

Also, I have held an H1 visa in the past - would that fetch me any benefit while applying for an H1 again?

Thanks in advance!
    What was the duration and date/time of your previous H1 Stay? At what stage is your GC processing, if at all it has started?

L1+ H1 combined can only be for 6 Years. So if you have physically stayed in US for 6 years on previous H1 + current L1 then you wont get any further stay. If the previous H1 stay was nil then you will most likely get H1 only for 1 Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X