Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 VISA Expired Valid I-94, Can I do COS to H1B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 VISA Expired Valid I-94, Can I do COS to H1B ?

Hi
    I am currently on L1 VISA in US and it was expired on Aug 2012. I have a valid I-94 until 2015.

Now, another employer is ready to file H1B for me. Now, I have few questions.

1. Can new employer file COS(change of status) from L1 to H1 for me, just with the existing I-94?
    2. Should I go to my home country to get the H1 VISA stamped before I start my work with the new employer ?
    3. Since, I don't have a valid L1 VISA, would there be any chance for denial in COS ?

Thanks

Originally posted by test09121984 View Post
    Hi
    I am currently on L1 VISA in US and it was expired on Aug 2012. I have a valid I-94 until 2015.

Now, another employer is ready to file H1B for me. Now, I have few questions.

1. Can new employer file COS(change of status) from L1 to H1 for me, just with the existing I-94? -- Yes, that is all they need.
    2. Should I go to my home country to get the H1 VISA stamped before I start my work with the new employer ? -- No need.
    3. Since, I don't have a valid L1 VISA, would there be any chance for denial in COS ? -- Not for that reason.

Thanks
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X