No announcement yet.

Help with H1B visa extension rejection due to incorrrect information in DS156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with H1B visa extension rejection due to incorrrect information in DS156

I had my H1B visa stamping in may. the ds156 that i had submitted had "no" in whether u have ever been arrested. i have one DUI. i was then finger printed and after 10 weeks when i went for the interview i was asked for court papers. I asked my friend in US, to get them from the circuit court or sheriffs office in US. i had provided my SSN and licence no. but the court order papers in my file that they provided was of someone else. But I did not realize and submitted it as is. this lead to the consular to blame me that i was trying to mislead them. I told her that it was the Court that had provided it to me. now my visa has been rejected and it has a note that i was trying to cheat. I need help because i had not purposely filled DS156 incorrectly and on top of it, the court gave me incorrect papers. would it be of help if court gives a letter stating this?

so there were 2 reasons-
    1. incorrect information in DS156
    2. incorrect documents submitted.

from what i have got from consulate it states section 221g. does the paper that the consulate gave provides the right information? how can i find under what section did they reject?
    would this mean that i would never get a visa? what would be the best approach to reduce the damage? any help is highly appreciated?
    Last edited by paddy; 08-05-2005, 12:56 PM. Reason: adding information

If you have been handed over a 221(g) refusal, it means that you have been rejected under sec.221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Given the situation such as yours, it is highly recomendded that you seek the help of an attorney who can see your papers and advice accordingly as to how the refusal can be overcome. So do the needful. Where are you now?
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
      If you have been handed over a 221(g) refusal, it means that you have been rejected under sec.221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Given the situation such as yours, it is highly recomendded that you seek the help of an attorney who can see your papers and advice accordingly as to how the refusal can be overcome. So do the needful. Where are you now?
      i'm in india, in pune.... can you suggest some names ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X