Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer

Hi

I am working with employer A in India. I go my H1B visa approved from other employer B. But I am trying to convince my current employer A to transfer my visa. problem is I have only passport with visa stamped on it, nothing else, no others docs........... petition etc.........
    is it possible for my current employer to transfer my visa.

Thanks.

Yes. Possible.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I797 and I94 forms

Thanks buddy.
      In below URLs its mentioned that you need I797 and I94 forms, what are these forms, I don't have those. I have only passport.
      Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/[/QUOTE]

Comment

I-94 is not applicable to you. But didn't you have the petition approval notice (I797) when you applied for you Visa? A copy is sufficient.
        Your Visa will also have the petition receipt number and in principle that is sufficient, but it is up to your employer to decide if they want to use that.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I797 form

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          I-94 is not applicable to you. But didn't you have the petition approval notice (I797) when you applied for you Visa? A copy is sufficient.
          Your Visa will also have the petition receipt number and in principle that is sufficient, but it is up to your employer to decide if they want to use that.

No I don't have I797 original or photocopy of it, its with my new employer and I don't think I am going to get it.................

Comment

You mean you gave the original back to B after you got the Visa and don't have any copies for your reference right?
            In that case the new petition may be filed with the petition receipt number on your Visa if any, but that depends on whether A is comfortable with that.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
              You mean you gave the original back to B after you got the Visa and don't have any copies for your reference right?
              In that case the new petition may be filed with the petition receipt number on your Visa if any, but that depends on whether A is comfortable with that.
              Thanks for response. yes I returned back to B and I don't have any copies for reference. Will it take more time or how much time it will take as my visa is valid till 30 September 2013.
              Last edited by sandeep.dingria; 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X