H1B chennai consulate and problems on march 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B chennai consulate and problems on march 5th

I attended my H1B interview today, at chennai consulate First i was asked to goto counter 15, i was asked the following questions,

1)Who i will be working for?-- answered Xyz company
    2) Whom do i work for currently?-- Answered my current employer
    3) How many employees in the company-- I told 9 employees, he was a little shocked.-- here is where i might have lost on my visa approval.
    4) will u be going to client-- I told him i will be working directly for Xyz company

Then he me asked me for my supporting docs, i gave him the bundle of I-129, LCA and project doc and the rest of the bundle. He asked to me wait and he will call me.

After 45 mins, they called me to Counter 30, There i was told by Indian Male and Female people that my case was in Administrative processing and they need to ask me some questions, i said ok.

They asked me abt my education details i told them and they asked for my Certificates, i gave it to them, they scanned and gave it back.

Then they asked where u will be going, i told them yyy area

They asked why u want to go leaving my current employer, i told them since its a product development, i was interested and also global exposure and better salary.

Asked since when i was working for my current employer, i told them since Nov 1st 2010 and i am still currently employed with them, once i get the visa approval i will be joining in Usa.

Asked abt my duties at employing company , told them i would be working on xyz Project and will be using Java, Oracle for designing coding and writing SQL, PL/Sql logic from backend.

Asked me when is the project completion date, i told i dont have a tentative date with me. Asked if they were employing anyone else, i said maybe yes.

How many people will work on the current project i told abt 6-10 people.

They also asked me if i paid for the H1B petition and did my petitoner say that i will have to pay half money from my salary to the company-- I told No.

Asked what is my salary in USA-- told so dollars pa

I was also asked if i have any doc showing the Project i am going to work on, i told them that the one i doc i gave with the petition was what i had.

Also asked how i found ur company-- i told them through Job portal and which one--dice.com.

They asked me from the job portal did anyone interview me, i told yeah i had 2 rounds of interview, one was technical and other personal.

Asked when the project started or will start-- i told them that i dont know all i knew was i will join the team when my visa is approved.

Asked who will be ur supervisor and Who will u reporting to--- I Told xyz.

At the end they asked me to the previous counter where i was first called out, i went there and the VO told me that they had to do some more processing in my case and told me he will be giving back my docs and passport and retain some of them.

When i checked all he kept back was the The current project Doc.

I asked the VO how he would be contacting me since he didnt give me any paper for tracking, He said they will contact via mail or Courier. And i said Thank you and came out.

PS: What will be the next step of action, Please Suggest.

Thanks for any help provided.

hi

please someone atleast suggest something instead of just viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by invinciblensvs View Post
      Seems the consulate didnt find much merit in your H1B application, either they have doubts about your qualifications or about the authenticity of your future employer. Most likely the later case, many consulting companies hire people claiming to make them work on internal projects but end up sub contracting to another vendor. You have two options let the admin processing take its own time OR find a much more stronger employer who has a genuine need and tranfser your H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by invinciblensvs View Post

There are millions of cases like yours are mentioned on this forum. Just look them up.
        Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X