Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we recapture time from h1b 7th year extension that is not fully used

Hello friends,
    Please share your valuable inputs for my case.

My h1b approved on Oct 1st 2004. I was with same Employer all along with no bench tim

MY 4th year extension approved till Sep 30 2010 and my I-94 had a valid till date of Sep 30 2010. Based on my stay outside of US, I had 3.5 months to recapture.

My Employer filed my 7th year extension (based on Labor pending for more than 365 days) and i got the extension approvedl during March 2nd, 2011 and my I-797 showed a valid till date of Sep 30 2011.

However I noticed that I did not get a new I-94 (extension of status) along with the I-797 and My Employer never explained me why I didn't get that. I knew something was wrong and took advice from Mr. Rajiv S Khanna, who asked me to leave US ASAP before March 31st (ending of the 180 day limit). I had to sell off all my stuff and came back to India on March 25th.

I am working in Chennai till date and planning to apply for a fresh h1b in April 2013. My question is - can I apply for a cap exempt h1b as I had not used the entire time of my 7th year extension till Sep 30 2011. Also I had 3.5 months of time eligible for recapture which I had never filed?

Sorry for the long post.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X