Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Status

Hi All,
    I am currently in US on F1 visa. Recently, I my H1B has been approved, starting July 19. But, I cannot join the company immediately, because the company needs to get an export license before I can start working with the company. The export license is expected to be approved in the first week of november. My question is "Can I stay in US till then".
    I would be grateful if someone could clarify my doubt.

Thanks

hI,
    You are in a valid H1b status if your h1b has been approved. But you might have to explain this lack of work/pay at some point later if you plan to process for H4 from any consulate outside US.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena,
      Thanks for your prompt reply. By H4, do you mean H1B. So, do you mean to say that I can stay in US till November, but when I go to India for Visa stamping, I will have to explain this two months (Sep-Oct) idle period.

Thanks

Comment

HI,
        By H4, i mean a visa for your dependant spouse and children. And Yes, you might have to explain lack of pay/work for the period from which you started working for the company till such time that you have not received the pay, when you go to India and have to get your Passport stamped for H1.

In this context, the starting date on your H1b is not the date you have joined the employer. The joining date is the one that is mentioned on his letter to you in this regard. I hope you are able to understand the difference.
        Last edited by veena_swsh; 08-11-2005, 01:42 AM.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X