Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B/H4 visa stamping/renewal

Hello all,

I have a couple of general questions regarding stamping/revalidation of H-class visas in India.
    First of all, does one have to go through the same process for visa revalidation as he/she went through for obtaining the original visa (interview appointment, etc.) or is there a faster way of getting ones visa revalidated?

Secondly, if one was travelling to India and needed his/her visa revalidated/stamped it almost means that you have to go for atleast a couple of months. The wait times for visa (in mumbai) is ~67 days. You can take an online appointment (while you are still in US) but then you have to submit all relevant documents (I am assuming it means your passport as well) within 12 days of sheduling the appointment or else the appoinment stands cancelled. At the same time you need your passport to travel back to india, which means you can only take an appointment after your reach India and then have to wait for 2-3 months for your interview before you can get back.
    Is there any flaw in my thinking here or does it just mean that if you do decide to go back to India (and need your visa stamped/revalidated) you cannot get back to US for 3 months or so?

Any input will be highly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Adnan Merhaba

You Can Go To Mexico And Get It Stamp

Yo Can Also Go To Mexico To A U.s. Consulate There And Get It Stamp.

Comment

So how reliable to go to the canada or maxico because i heard several views for this. Some people are saying it's risky, some are happy for that.
      So does anyone want to share anything over here.

Thanks.

Comment

Online Visa Appointment

Hi Adnan,
        Your assumption about sending Passport is not true. I just took online appointment and all you need to send is copies of you first page, last page, existing visa (the one that you came on .. F1, etc), two forms and petitions.
        It is advisable to take online appointment before reaching India because as you said the wait time is 67 days and in peak season it is unpredictable ... you might end up cancelling your return tickets.

tc

Dev

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X