Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to H1 visa conversion

Hi,

I am in USA with L1A. I got my L1B converted to L1A on September 2012. The duration of stay in US so far with my L1 visa is 5 years. Am i eligible to get my visa converted to H1B through a different employer?Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated?

Srividya

Originally posted by srividyatkr View Post
    Hi,

I am in USA with L1A. I got my L1B converted to L1A on September 2012. The duration of stay in US so far with my L1 visa is 5 years. Am i eligible to get my visa converted to H1B through a different employer?Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated?

Srividya
    Prima Facie it appears you may be eligible for L1A to H1 COS. But you have to remember L1A is valid for 7 years so you should be able to stay 2 more years from Sep 2012. Whereas L1+H1 is valid only for 6 Years so in case you apply you may get only for 1 Year or even less as the Cap will start only from 01-Oct-2013 by then you would have completed 5.5 Years of L1 stay.

In case you are planning to stay beyond 6th Year then you have to file GC 365 Days before 6th Year Expiry OR you should explore filing GC under L1A.

Talk to your immigration lawyer for discussing the feasibility of both options.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

what are the channels to find a good consulting company or lawyer who can help me with h1 + green card filing?

Comment

Originally posted by srividyatkr View Post
        what are the channels to find a good consulting company or lawyer who can help me with h1 + green card filing?
        You have been in US for over 5 Years so am sure you can figure out a good immigration attorney in your neighborhood immediately.

With 5 year stay nearly over for you I personally feel that time is running out for you. If your current company is not willing to file GC under EB1 as you are on L1A then there is hardly anytime left talk to the lawyer ASAP.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X