Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa transfer

Hi,

I am on H1B visa (valid till dec 2006) and am currently working for employer A. Now sometime back i was talking to employer B and seeking employment with him and initiated my H1 B visa transfer to employer B. Now my H1 B has been transfered to employer B. Is it now possible that i donot move on with employer B and continue to work for employer A as employer A is giving me better projects/compensation.

Will it be necessary for me to move on to employer B because my H1 B is transfered to employer B? Can i continue to work for employer A ? Is there any legal complication involved ? Do i have to ask employer A to get the H1B transfered again to him ? Is it really needed ? the employer A has no idea that i was negotiating with employer B and i don't want them to know now too. Is it still possible for me to work for employer A and just let employer B go ??

Hi friend,

As of my understanding, you are legally eligible to work only for Employer B. You could have made this option if EMployer B had also filed a separate H1. You can have multiple H1s, but only one full-time employer.

The time when you would face the problem is when you get your H1 stamping, since you would need to furnish the H1B sponsor's proof of documents. So, yeah, you probably need to mention this to EMployer A, or try to get along with Employer B.

Thanks,
    Ramya
    Cheers ,
    Ramya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X