Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and OPT extension

Hello,

I will be completing my OPT on 4th May 2013, I have not applied for OPT extension - I am eligible for it under STEM program.
    My employer is sponsoring H1 visa. Once H1 petition is submitted, I will be in CAP GAP.
    Considering the worst case scenario, if my H1 petition gets rejected for some reason and I am in CAP GAP - Can I still apply for OPT extension.

Please suggest a better option to stay safe.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Unfortunately not. You should apply for STEM extension right now, just to be safe. I assume your employer is enrolled in EVerify and the job is in your field of study.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Unfortunately not. You should apply for STEM extension right now, just to be safe. I assume your employer is enrolled in EVerify and the job is in your field of study.
      Thank you for your reply.

Somehow, my employer is not E-Verified, but they are planning to get E-verified on 15th April - This is the date when attorney will let us know whether there will be lottery or regular H1B processing.

Have you seen any case where their H1B petition has been rejected? If yes, please give me a link to see reasons.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X