Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 for fiance in India

Hi guys,

I have this company who is willing to sponsor H1B visa for my to-be wife (from May) who has 5 yrs IT work experience in multinational companies working in India. This consulting company who is filing her H1 is going to use a client letter from a small company with whom he has a good relationship but that is only for the purpose of getting H1 approved for my wife. She is not going to end up working there. The guy says it's not exactly a **** letter but apparently no real/big client is going to give a client letter in April and wait till October for people to start working. Apart from the worst case scenario of getting her H1B rejected, I have heard that there is a slight chance if not a realistic one that my fiance could get blacklisted also and will never be able to file for her H1 again? Is this true? I'm guessing atleast 50% of the people applying H1 in the 65,000 quota would be doing this anyways, getting a client letter from someone who is not really their client. What are the risks? Only rejection? Any realistic risk of getting blacklisted? Please let me know.

Originally posted by P0tta View Post
    Hi guys,

I have this company who is willing to sponsor H1B visa for my to-be wife (from May) who has 5 yrs IT work experience in multinational companies working in India. This consulting company who is filing her H1 is going to use a client letter from a small company with whom he has a good relationship but that is only for the purpose of getting H1 approved for my wife. She is not going to end up working there. The guy says it's not exactly a **** letter but apparently no real/big client is going to give a client letter in April and wait till October for people to start working. Apart from the worst case scenario of getting her H1B rejected, I have heard that there is a slight chance if not a realistic one that my fiance could get blacklisted also and will never be able to file for her H1 again? Is this true? I'm guessing atleast 50% of the people applying H1 in the 65,000 quota would be doing this anyways, getting a client letter from someone who is not really their client. What are the risks? Only rejection? Any realistic risk of getting blacklisted? Please let me know.
    What you and the employer are trying is illegal. You can try your chances but yes it surely is a recipe for a RFE/221G. In such circumstances there is always chances of being blacklisted for doing fraudulent activity.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X