Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to F1 to H1 need guidance

Hi

I am currently in H1 visa and for the past two years i was working with the same employer and in H1 status. i was planning to join MBA in 2013 class but missed out and planning to apply again next year. Now this is where i have some confusion, if i join the MBA classes next year and complete it by 2016, by the time i complete the classes it would be five years since i started working in the country.

If i want to start working again in US and when the H1b is filed will the time i stayed before F1 status and the time i was in the F1 status be counted for five/six years H1B limit?

IF yes, is there any alternate way to solve the problem?

Originally posted by erw123 View Post
    Hi

I am currently in H1 visa and for the past two years i was working with the same employer and in H1 status. i was planning to join MBA in 2013 class but missed out and planning to apply again next year. Now this is where i have some confusion, if i join the MBA classes next year and complete it by 2016, by the time i complete the classes it would be five years since i started working in the country.

If i want to start working again in US and when the H1b is filed will the time i stayed before F1 status and the time i was in the F1 status be counted for five/six years H1B limit?

AFAIK time spent in F1 status is not counted towards the H1 6 Year limit.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      AFAIK time spent in F1 status is not counted towards the H1 6 Year limit.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the information raghvi, so time spent on h1b prior to f1 and after f1 will counted for 6 year cap right?

Comment

>>> No the time you spend in F1 will not count against your total 6years of H1. And you wont be counted against the 65k quota either when you file a F1-H1 transfer after 2016.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X