Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa - Muslim marriage certificate

Hello,

I am in the process of initiating H4 visa for my wife who is in India. Ours was Muslim marriage that took place 5 years back. We do not have registered marriage certificate that was issued by sub-registrar office nor I did not apply for the certificate. However, we have the letter issued from local authority that was clearly written in English depicting the marriage ceremony. When I was searching related posts and over web, it seems the registered marriage certificate from sub-registrar office is mandatory which is being treated as the correct document by the VO. Else, there are more chances for visa denial. Can you please provide your suggestions here?

An year back, I completed my wife passport and my passport to include the spouse name endorsed correctly. So, my wife passport is clearly having the Spouse column filled with my name. Can't this be treated as a replacment for marriage certificate?

Thanks

Originally posted by craig2013 View Post
    Hello,

I am in the process of initiating H4 visa for my wife who is in India. Ours was Muslim marriage that took place 5 years back. We do not have registered marriage certificate that was issued by sub-registrar office nor I did not apply for the certificate. However, we have the letter issued from local authority that was clearly written in English depicting the marriage ceremony. When I was searching related posts and over web, it seems the registered marriage certificate from sub-registrar office is mandatory which is being treated as the correct document by the VO. Else, there are more chances for visa denial. Can you please provide your suggestions here?

An year back, I completed my wife passport and my passport to include the spouse name endorsed correctly. So, my wife passport is clearly having the Spouse column filled with my name. Can't this be treated as a replacment for marriage certificate?

Thanks
    Who is that local authority ? A government document proving your marriage is legal, is necessary. IIRC, I think any local Haj House can issue that certificate. Check on that. Or you can take this document to a registrar and register your marriage.
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X