Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will H1B processing happening in background bring in chances of H4 rejection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will H1B processing happening in background bring in chances of H4 rejection?

Hi,

I recently got married and my husband is working on H1B. I am currently in India and we have filed H1B for myself through a consultant. We are planning to file H4 as well immediately so that I can relocate to US at the earliest (even before the H1B application status is known).
    My question is: At the interview for H4 is it safe for me to mention about the H1B processing going on at the background? This would be in case I am asked questions related to desire to work in the US. Would this create a chance for rejection of my H4?
    On the other hand, is it ok if i don't mention about the H1B at all?

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by nishasam04 View Post
    Hi,

I recently got married and my husband is working on H1B. I am currently in India and we have filed H1B for myself through a consultant. We are planning to file H4 as well immediately so that I can relocate to US at the earliest (even before the H1B application status is known).
    My question is: At the interview for H4 is it safe for me to mention about the H1B processing going on at the background? This would be in case I am asked questions related to desire to work in the US. Would this create a chance for rejection of my H4? -- It makes no difference.
    On the other hand, is it ok if i don't mention about the H1B at all? -- Don't ever lie to immigration officials. Answer truthfully. But there is no need to volunteer information if it is not asked for.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X