AirBnb on H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirBnb on H1B visa

When you sublet your house on Airbnb, they send 1099 end of the year.

Is it a legal income on H1B ?

Thanks
    DJ

Originally posted by djraman View Post
    When you sublet your house on Airbnb, they send 1099 end of the year.

Is it a legal income on H1B ?

Thanks
    DJ
    It is not. Airbnb is an active income. The only way to do airbnb legally is by renting out the room for period that are for 8 days and up so that it looks like you are renting the property as a passive income. Also, until 600$ per year air bob would not send the 1099.

Unfortunately I don't remember the website where I found these information, though I am quite sure.

Thanks

Comment

This is incorrect - you can legally let out a room on an H1B as on airbnb (per an immigration lawyer). It has to be passive income, however, so you do not want to be investing significant time and effort in it. E.g., you may consider hiring cleaners to clean the apartment so that you do not invest time and effort in this.

Originally posted by Robert Bas View Post
      It is not. Airbnb is an active income. The only way to do airbnb legally is by renting out the room for period that are for 8 days and up so that it looks like you are renting the property as a passive income. Also, until 600$ per year air bob would not send the 1099.

Unfortunately I don't remember the website where I found these information, though I am quite sure.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X