Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4-visa 221G blue slip Ottawa Would like to know if some one has similar experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone...did you all hear anything from the consulate office yet?
    hello txresearcher, did you find any accommodation for yourself?

Originally posted by pmpm View Post
    @ viv.bravo: Thanks for the information you gave another day and finally I did get hold of the lady and confirmed that they received my documents.

@ txresearcher: Agree with what Viv.bravo suggested. There is one more temple: 4835 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1X 1G6, 613-822-1531; or you could give an add on kijiji or craiglist, for weekly accommodation. Kanata is cheaper, and also bayshore/barhaven area have Indian community. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by viv.bravo View Post
      Hello everyone...did you all hear anything from the consulate office yet?
      hello txresearcher, did you find any accommodation for yourself?
      Nope...

Comment

Nope...
        Hi Viv, not yet. I am still in Montreal. Seems like 30 days is the average for TAL cases. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Comment

Hello txresearcher and pmpm,
          I hope you know https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? is the link to check your individual case online for admin processing.
          Well, I've a question here when I check my status for admin processing, the case creation date and case update date is same, that is 8th April 2013.
          Shouldn't the case update date be changed to current date to show the progress?
          Is that the same in your case too?
          Please comment.

Originally posted by txresearcher View Post
          Hi Viv, not yet. I am still in Montreal. Seems like 30 days is the average for TAL cases. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Comment

Originally posted by viv.bravo View Post
            Hello txresearcher and pmpm,
            I hope you know https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? is the link to check your individual case online for admin processing.
            Well, I've a question here when I check my status for admin processing, the case creation date and case update date is same, that is 8th April 2013.
            Shouldn't the case update date be changed to current date to show the progress?
            Is that the same in your case too?
            Please comment.
            I have been checking on this website
            Same with my CEAC

Comment

I have been checking on this website
              Same with my CEAC
              Hi Viv...The update date is supposed to change when there is an update on our case. I would think that we will hear from the consulate once we see the updated date change, although I am not sure how well the system works. I have seen some posts that mention no change in the status, but were contacted by the consulate.
              Last edited by txresearcher; 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Hello All

I attended H4-visa interview on 4th April, 2013 in Ottawa. My husband has got his H1B stamped in India and I went for the interview alone. I was given 221G blue slip and my application is under Admin Processing.

VO did not look for any documents (my husband's job related/pay stubs or my bank statements etc). Neither did he look for marriage certificate nor asked any questions pertaining our wedding. I am a little surprised and concerned why he did that. If any one has similar experience, kindly share.

He asked me questions about my studies and work in Canada and same for my husband. The only document he asked me for was my resume, and since I did not have it he asked me to e-mail at the address mentioned on top right of 221G. In this forum, I found that some people who come from research field (biotech or pharma) are being given 221G.

Please anyone who has similar exp (research/ non-research field) who received 221G. please share your time lines. How long did it take to get visa approved? Did anyone has to go for 2nd interview?
                Thanks
                Hello pmpm,

Did you go for H1 or H4 interview? I think we met on another thread as well.

vivbro & txresearcher please keep me updated as well. I had my H1B interview on April 8th at the Toronto consulate. Have been waiting since then with absolutely no update. The VO asked me if I had a Masters degree from the US and did a thesis with it. And then handed me 221g. Though my masters degree was not under TAL, my thesis was. So I believe they are doing some background check on me. My current job is not in TAL at all. I have never worked in TAL ever, except for my masters thesis. So hopefully it wont take too long. Waiting is painful.

Comment

Originally posted by josephsn View Post
                  Hello pmpm,

vivbro & txresearcher please keep me updated as well. I had my H1B interview on April 8th at the Toronto consulate. Have been waiting since then with absolutely no update. The VO asked me if I had a Masters degree from the US and did a thesis with it. And then handed me 221g. Though my masters degree was not under TAL, my thesis was. So I believe they are doing some background check on me. My current job is not in TAL at all. I have never worked in TAL ever, except for my masters thesis. So hopefully it wont take too long. Waiting is painful.
                  I am for H4. Never thought it would get stuck in Ottawa.
                  All the best guys. Tomorrow its 4 weeks for me.

Comment

Hello pmpm,

Hi Joseph, it is painful indeed. I am seeing on other forums that 30 days is average for response. The best thing we can do is forget about it for a while, although it is not easy to do that.

Comment

Hi Joseph, it is painful indeed. I am seeing on other forums that 30 days is average for response. The best thing we can do is forget about it for a while, although it is not easy to do that.
                      Yea I agree. We just need to relax and not get anxious, though it seems impossible . Today is the 22nd day of waiting for me..

Comment

Btw is it 30 business days?

Comment

Btw is it 30 business days?
                          30 calendar days. But, that is an average. I saw many cases in the 20s and 40s as well.

I have been trying to find that website again, but no success. It was a forum with members mostly from Beijing and Shangai.

Comment

30 calendar days. But, that is an average. I saw many cases in the 20s and 40s as well.

I have been trying to find that website again, but no success. It was a forum with members mostly from Beijing and Shangai.
                            yea I have seen a guy getting his clearance in 17days and yet others waiting for months. depends on individual cases..the ceac site does not seem to be current either. my date updated is my interview date. if they have not done anything on my case for the last 22 days,its pretty sad..

Comment

any word yet, anyone??

Comment

any word yet, anyone??
                                On a different forum, I saw that a guy who gave H1 interview in Mumbai on 3rd April and had received 221G (his was TAL related case) got his visa issued today, now he has sent his passport and expecting it back by next week. Hopefully we (or you H1 guys) will hear anything soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X