Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4-visa 221G blue slip Ottawa Would like to know if some one has similar experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-visa 221G blue slip Ottawa Would like to know if some one has similar experience

Hello All

I attended H4-visa interview on 4th April, 2013 in Ottawa. My husband has got his H1B stamped in India and I went for the interview alone. I was given 221G blue slip and my application is under Admin Processing.

VO did not look for any documents (my husband's job related/pay stubs or my bank statements etc). Neither did he look for marriage certificate nor asked any questions pertaining our wedding. I am a little surprised and concerned why he did that. If any one has similar experience, kindly share.

He asked me questions about my studies and work in Canada and same for my husband. The only document he asked me for was my resume, and since I did not have it he asked me to e-mail at the address mentioned on top right of 221G. In this forum, I found that some people who come from research field (biotech or pharma) are being given 221G.

Please anyone who has similar exp (research/ non-research field) who received 221G. please share your time lines. How long did it take to get visa approved? Did anyone has to go for 2nd interview?
    Thanks

Hello there...same thing has happened to me. My interview was on 8th April 2013 for my first H1-B stamping. The visa officer asked me few questions related to work and said they need conduct some administrative processing, returning my passport. He also said after giving me a blue 221g slip that they will inform me when to come for the re-interview via email. No document were asked except for my resume, employer letter and I797 form.
    One of my friend said that it takes almost a month and half in such cases to hear from them.
    Did you hear anything from them yet?

Originally posted by pmpm View Post
    Hello All

I attended H4-visa interview on 4th April, 2013 in Ottawa. My husband has got his H1B stamped in India and I went for the interview alone. I was given 221G blue slip and my application is under Admin Processing.

VO did not look for any documents (my husband's job related/pay stubs or my bank statements etc). Neither did he look for marriage certificate nor asked any questions pertaining our wedding. I am a little surprised and concerned why he did that. If any one has similar experience, kindly share.

He asked me questions about my studies and work in Canada and same for my husband. The only document he asked me for was my resume, and since I did not have it he asked me to e-mail at the address mentioned on top right of 221G. In this forum, I found that some people who come from research field (biotech or pharma) are being given 221G.

Please anyone who has similar exp (research/ non-research field) who received 221G. please share your time lines. How long did it take to get visa approved? Did anyone has to go for 2nd interview?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by viv.bravo View Post
      Hello there...same thing has happened to me. My interview was on 8th April 2013 for my first H1-B stamping. The visa officer asked me few questions related to work and said they need conduct some administrative processing, returning my passport. He also said after giving me a blue 221g slip that they will inform me when to come for the re-interview via email. No document were asked except for my resume, employer letter and I797 form.
      One of my friend said that it takes almost a month and half in such cases to hear from them.
      Did you hear anything from them yet?

Hi viv.bravo
      By any chance you are from biotech or related field?
      I have sent my resume via e-mail to them on 4th, Got an automated reply...I have no idea how long it might take; sadly I have not heard from any other forum user (other than you) regarding 221G in Ottawa. If we can find some experiences that people have had in Ottawa, we might get some idea/ make a time line.
      Do keep posted if you hear any thing, is there any contact number to contact Consular Serv. (other than the e-mail).
      Thanks and all the best

Comment

Hello,
        Yes they send a standard automated reply. You can try calling them at 613-688-5335
        An old lady answers all your questions if you talk politely. Well, regarding my education I've engineering background majors in Electrical. Now in 221G (blue) there are cases related to TAL (Technology Alert List) which is another reason of background check. So we don't have any option other than to wait and hear from them. They say its good to contact the Consulate and involve an attorney/employer only after the wait period given by the VO is over.
        All the best to you too and please stay in touch

Hi viv.bravo
        By any chance you are from biotech or related field?
        I have sent my resume via e-mail to them on 4th, Got an automated reply...I have no idea how long it might take; sadly I have not heard from any other forum user (other than you) regarding 221G in Ottawa. If we can find some experiences that people have had in Ottawa, we might get some idea/ make a time line.
        Do keep posted if you hear any thing, is there any contact number to contact Consular Serv. (other than the e-mail).
        Thanks and all the best

Comment

Hello,
          Yes they send a standard automated reply. You can try calling them at 613-688-5335
          An old lady answers all your questions if you talk politely. Well, regarding my education I've engineering background majors in Electrical. Now in 221G (blue) there are cases related to TAL (Technology Alert List) which is another reason of background check. So we don't have any option other than to wait and hear from them. They say its good to contact the Consulate and involve an attorney/employer only after the wait period given by the VO is over.
          All the best to you too and please stay in touch
          Yeah I found about TAL too...I come from biotech, that's why got 221G.
          Thanks for the number.

Comment

Did they returned your passport on the day of your interview?
            I am wondering how long I can stay here in Canada on a visitor's visa.

Thanks for the number.

Comment

Did they returned your passport on the day of your interview?
              I am wondering how long I can stay here in Canada on a visitor's visa.
              yes got my passport back. I work in Ottawa.

Comment

Did you hear anything yet?
                Any luck?

yes got my passport back. I work in Ottawa.

Comment

Any luck?
                  No....
                  Not even an e-mail saying that they received my documents.

Comment

Any luck?
                    Hi
                    Could you tell what documents, and if there is a format, you were asked to submit after 221G sheet. Did you get an e-mail from Ottawa embassy/consulate about submitting documents or as a reply when you submitted following 221G?
                    Kindly let me know, I have not heard anything from them.
                    Thanks a lot

Comment

call me 469-263-8785

Hi
                      Could you tell what documents, and if there is a format, you were asked to submit after 221G sheet. Did you get an e-mail from Ottawa embassy/consulate about submitting documents or as a reply when you submitted following 221G?
                      Kindly let me know, I have not heard anything from them.
                      Thanks a lot

Comment

221g blue on Apr 2nd

Thanks for the number.
                        Hi Guys, I am in a similar situation like you both. Drove here from MA with family and attended interview on Apr 2nd. Was asked about work, education etc and once I mentioned Biomedical I was given blue 221g. So I think it would be TAL related as well. The VO took my resume and returned passport after making a copy. I came across a chinese forum who get a lot of TAL 221gs and the average processing time is about 30 days. It has been difficult to live here with children who want to get back to their friends and school. Hopefully all of us will hear from the consulate soon.

I got 221g last time in chennai and it got cleared in 4 days. So I guess I got lucky last time.

Viv did you drive here from US?

pmpm - you mentioned you live in Ottawa - would you know of any places for temp accomodation?

Comment

Hi there...I can totally understand how frustrating it must be for you to wait for an unfortunate/unexpected situation like this.
                          I flew from Texas, but try to find some accommodation in Kanta. Living expense is cheap so you might find motel/lodge cheaper than elsewhere.
                          I don't know how it'll sound to you, but if you want try to go to get in touch with people at Hindu temple I'm sure they know someone who would want to rent their place.
                          Vishva Shakti Durga Mandir
                          55 Clarey Ave.
                          Ottawa, ON K1S 2R6
                          Canada • (613) 321-0675

We all are in the same boat.
                          Please stay in touch.

Originally posted by txresearcher View Post
                          Hi Guys, I am in a similar situation like you both. Drove here from MA with family and attended interview on Apr 2nd. Was asked about work, education etc and once I mentioned Biomedical I was given blue 221g. So I think it would be TAL related as well. The VO took my resume and returned passport after making a copy. I came across a chinese forum who get a lot of TAL 221gs and the average processing time is about 30 days. It has been difficult to live here with children who want to get back to their friends and school. Hopefully all of us will hear from the consulate soon.

I got 221g last time in chennai and it got cleared in 4 days. So I guess I got lucky last time.

Viv did you drive here from US?

pmpm - you mentioned you live in Ottawa - would you know of any places for temp accomodation?

Comment

Hi there...I can totally understand how frustrating it must be for you to wait for an unfortunate/unexpected situation like this.
                            I flew from Texas, but try to find some accommodation in Kanta. Living expense is cheap so you might find motel/lodge cheaper than elsewhere.
                            I don't know how it'll sound to you, but if you want try to go to get in touch with people at Hindu temple I'm sure they know someone who would want to rent their place.
                            Vishva Shakti Durga Mandir
                            55 Clarey Ave.
                            Ottawa, ON K1S 2R6
                            Canada • (613) 321-0675

We all are in the same boat.
                            Please stay in touch.
                            Hi Viv, Thanks for the kind words and for the contact info. I am right now in Montreal, so will get in touch with the temple when we come down to Ottawa.

Are you working in TAL related field as well?

Comment

@ viv.bravo: Thanks for the information you gave another day and finally I did get hold of the lady and confirmed that they received my documents.

@ txresearcher: Agree with what Viv.bravo suggested. There is one more temple: 4835 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1X 1G6, 613-822-1531; or you could give an add on kijiji or craiglist, for weekly accommodation. Kanata is cheaper, and also bayshore/barhaven area have Indian community. Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X