Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4-visa 221G blue slip Ottawa Would like to know if some one has similar experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viv.bravo View Post
    Hello All,
    For all waiting for admin process to be cleared, please keep checking with the consulate using phone number that I posted earlier.
    My case was cleared a week ago, but CEAC website kept showing Admin Processing. Only after calling them, they mentioned that for some reason the email wasn't sent to me saying the process has been cleared.
    However, I got my passport stamped in 2 days and now I'm back to states.
    My heart reaches out to everyone who are still facing this situation.

@josephsn and txresearcher...were you able to get in touch with the consulate office?
    @pmpm...did you get your passport back?

Regards,
    Vivek
    Hi All,

I have not received my passport yet. No waybill number on the website yet, though my CEAC status says "Issued". Hopefully will get the email with waybill number tomorrow. will keep you guys updated...

Comment

Hello All,
      For all waiting for admin process to be cleared, please keep checking with the consulate using phone number that I posted earlier.
      My case was cleared a week ago, but CEAC website kept showing Admin Processing. Only after calling them, they mentioned that for some reason the email wasn't sent to me saying the process has been cleared.
      However, I got my passport stamped in 2 days and now I'm back to states.
      My heart reaches out to everyone who are still facing this situation.

@josephsn and txresearcher...were you able to get in touch with the consulate office?
      @pmpm...did you get your passport back?

Regards,
      Vivek
      Ok finally got the email with the waybill number today..will be able to pick up the passport tomorrow I think. viv.bravo,pmpm does it matter if the port of entry is same as that of the city where you are going to work? Did you do any research on which port of entries are good and which ones are strict? just trying to avoid any unnecessary delays.please share any useful info that you have on port of entries. thanks

Comment

Congratulations josephsn. There is no such thing as "good port of entry". They will let you in anyways once your visa is stamped. Yes port of entry matters, as Immigration officer doesn't wants to doubt on your employer/client location. For example if you work in CA and your port of entry is NY, you are still allowed to enter but he will ask for a flight itinerary from NY to CA, which is your work location.
        Hope this info helps.
        Good luck!

Originally posted by josephsn View Post
        Ok finally got the email with the waybill number today..will be able to pick up the passport tomorrow I think. viv.bravo,pmpm does it matter if the port of entry is same as that of the city where you are going to work? Did you do any research on which port of entries are good and which ones are strict? just trying to avoid any unnecessary delays.please share any useful info that you have on port of entries. thanks

Comment

Congratulations josephsn. There is no such thing as "good port of entry". They will let you in anyways once your visa is stamped. Yes port of entry matters, as Immigration officer doesn't wants to doubt on your employer/client location. For example if you work in CA and your port of entry is NY, you are still allowed to enter but he will ask for a flight itinerary from NY to CA, which is your work location.
          Hope this info helps.
          Good luck!
          ok that makes so much sense. So as long as I have a connecting flight to my work location, I should be good I believe. Thanks much. My passport is ready for pickup today and I should be in states soon..Huh can't wait..

Comment

Ok guys finally reached US tonight..Here is my timeline for anyone waiting on their visas after 221g

Interview Date: April 8th 2013
            Docs Kept: Resume, 797A original
            Clearance Received: May 3rd 2013
            Dropped Passport : May 7th 2013
            Status Changed to Issued from Admin Processing : May 10th 2013
            WayBill Number Appeared: May 13th 2013
            Picked Up passport: May 14th 2013
            Returned to the US: May 14th 2013

Thank you all for the useful information on this forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X