Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4-visa 221G blue slip Ottawa Would like to know if some one has similar experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pmpm
    replied
    Originally posted by viv.bravo View Post
    Hello txresearcher and pmpm,
    I hope you know https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? is the link to check your individual case online for admin processing.
    Well, I've a question here when I check my status for admin processing, the case creation date and case update date is same, that is 8th April 2013.
    Shouldn't the case update date be changed to current date to show the progress?
    Is that the same in your case too?
    Please comment.
    I have been checking on this website
    Same with my CEAC

Leave a comment:

• viv.bravo
    replied
    Hello txresearcher and pmpm,
    I hope you know https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? is the link to check your individual case online for admin processing.
    Well, I've a question here when I check my status for admin processing, the case creation date and case update date is same, that is 8th April 2013.
    Shouldn't the case update date be changed to current date to show the progress?
    Is that the same in your case too?
    Please comment.

Originally posted by txresearcher View Post
    Hi Viv, not yet. I am still in Montreal. Seems like 30 days is the average for TAL cases. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Leave a comment:

• txresearcher
    replied
    Originally posted by pmpm View Post
    Nope...
    Hi Viv, not yet. I am still in Montreal. Seems like 30 days is the average for TAL cases. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Leave a comment:

• pmpm
    replied
    Hello everyone...did you all hear anything from the consulate office yet?
    hello txresearcher, did you find any accommodation for yourself?
    Nope...

Leave a comment:

• viv.bravo
    replied
    Hello everyone...did you all hear anything from the consulate office yet?
    hello txresearcher, did you find any accommodation for yourself?

@ viv.bravo: Thanks for the information you gave another day and finally I did get hold of the lady and confirmed that they received my documents.

@ txresearcher: Agree with what Viv.bravo suggested. There is one more temple: 4835 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1X 1G6, 613-822-1531; or you could give an add on kijiji or craiglist, for weekly accommodation. Kanata is cheaper, and also bayshore/barhaven area have Indian community. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• pmpm
    replied
    @ viv.bravo: Thanks for the information you gave another day and finally I did get hold of the lady and confirmed that they received my documents.

@ txresearcher: Agree with what Viv.bravo suggested. There is one more temple: 4835 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1X 1G6, 613-822-1531; or you could give an add on kijiji or craiglist, for weekly accommodation. Kanata is cheaper, and also bayshore/barhaven area have Indian community. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• txresearcher
    replied
    Hi there...I can totally understand how frustrating it must be for you to wait for an unfortunate/unexpected situation like this.
    I flew from Texas, but try to find some accommodation in Kanta. Living expense is cheap so you might find motel/lodge cheaper than elsewhere.
    I don't know how it'll sound to you, but if you want try to go to get in touch with people at Hindu temple I'm sure they know someone who would want to rent their place.
    Vishva Shakti Durga Mandir
    55 Clarey Ave.
    Ottawa, ON K1S 2R6
    Canada • (613) 321-0675

We all are in the same boat.
    Please stay in touch.
    Hi Viv, Thanks for the kind words and for the contact info. I am right now in Montreal, so will get in touch with the temple when we come down to Ottawa.

Are you working in TAL related field as well?

Leave a comment:

• viv.bravo
    replied
    Hi there...I can totally understand how frustrating it must be for you to wait for an unfortunate/unexpected situation like this.
    I flew from Texas, but try to find some accommodation in Kanta. Living expense is cheap so you might find motel/lodge cheaper than elsewhere.
    I don't know how it'll sound to you, but if you want try to go to get in touch with people at Hindu temple I'm sure they know someone who would want to rent their place.
    Vishva Shakti Durga Mandir
    55 Clarey Ave.
    Ottawa, ON K1S 2R6
    Canada • (613) 321-0675

We all are in the same boat.
    Please stay in touch.

Originally posted by txresearcher View Post
    Hi Guys, I am in a similar situation like you both. Drove here from MA with family and attended interview on Apr 2nd. Was asked about work, education etc and once I mentioned Biomedical I was given blue 221g. So I think it would be TAL related as well. The VO took my resume and returned passport after making a copy. I came across a chinese forum who get a lot of TAL 221gs and the average processing time is about 30 days. It has been difficult to live here with children who want to get back to their friends and school. Hopefully all of us will hear from the consulate soon.

I got 221g last time in chennai and it got cleared in 4 days. So I guess I got lucky last time.

Viv did you drive here from US?

pmpm - you mentioned you live in Ottawa - would you know of any places for temp accomodation?

Leave a comment:

• txresearcher
    replied
    221g blue on Apr 2nd

Yeah I found about TAL too...I come from biotech, that's why got 221G.
    Thanks for the number.
    Hi Guys, I am in a similar situation like you both. Drove here from MA with family and attended interview on Apr 2nd. Was asked about work, education etc and once I mentioned Biomedical I was given blue 221g. So I think it would be TAL related as well. The VO took my resume and returned passport after making a copy. I came across a chinese forum who get a lot of TAL 221gs and the average processing time is about 30 days. It has been difficult to live here with children who want to get back to their friends and school. Hopefully all of us will hear from the consulate soon.

I got 221g last time in chennai and it got cleared in 4 days. So I guess I got lucky last time.

Viv did you drive here from US?

pmpm - you mentioned you live in Ottawa - would you know of any places for temp accomodation?

Leave a comment:

• viv.bravo
    replied
    call me 469-263-8785

Hi
    Could you tell what documents, and if there is a format, you were asked to submit after 221G sheet. Did you get an e-mail from Ottawa embassy/consulate about submitting documents or as a reply when you submitted following 221G?
    Kindly let me know, I have not heard anything from them.
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• pmpm
    replied
    Did you hear anything yet?
    Any luck?
    Hi
    Could you tell what documents, and if there is a format, you were asked to submit after 221G sheet. Did you get an e-mail from Ottawa embassy/consulate about submitting documents or as a reply when you submitted following 221G?
    Kindly let me know, I have not heard anything from them.
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• pmpm
    replied
    Any luck?
    No....
    Not even an e-mail saying that they received my documents.

Leave a comment:

• viv.bravo
    replied
    Any luck?

yes got my passport back. I work in Ottawa.

Leave a comment:

• pmpm
    replied
    Did they returned your passport on the day of your interview?
    I am wondering how long I can stay here in Canada on a visitor's visa.
    yes got my passport back. I work in Ottawa.

Leave a comment:

• viv.bravo
    replied
    Did they returned your passport on the day of your interview?
    I am wondering how long I can stay here in Canada on a visitor's visa.

Yeah I found about TAL too...I come from biotech, that's why got 221G.
    Thanks for the number.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X