Stamping in India for h1b and h4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping in India for h1b and h4

We are in USA my husband has h1b visa is expired on 2011 but got extension till 2015 we both want to go to India for one month vacation , we know that need to go for stamping again in india.
    we just want to know that is there any difficulties will come up to get visa stamp just we are having nervousness about it. Plz reply.

tread carefully

I am a full time employee at a bank in NY. The stamped visa on my passport expired in Sep 2011. I have an approved I-797 until Dec 2015. Came to India in Dec 2012 with my wife to visit the family and also went for stamping (H1B for myself and H4 for wife) at the Hyderabad consulate on Dec 11, 2012.

My interview lasted less than 5 minutes. It was a straight forward case as it was just a renewal of an existing visa for the same employer. All pay stubs, employment letters, forms were in order.

Result: Admin Processing and still waiting for the visa in India.

It suddenly threw us on a lot uncertain ground. Confusion abound we were looking hopefully at every corner to move the process forward. Friends said it may take 2-3 weeks. Once that point was passed some others said it may be 5-6 weeks. Nothing. Now its 4 months and still no luck. Employer panicked and could not understand why the delay. I had no answers as I myself had no clue about why the delay.

I have been in the US for 10 years. First 3 yrs on F1 visa and then onwards on H1B. I have an I-140 approved.

Of course all this does not mean this will happen with you. I am just saying be prepared for the worst but hope for the best. I wish you all the best and sincerely hope your family does not go through the uncertainty that I am facing.

-Mirza

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X