H4 Visa expiration date wrong in immigration site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa expiration date wrong in immigration site

My wife is an H4 visa holder, She has I797 but we didnt get stamping in passport after our last extension.

We went to DPS office to get her driving license this morning.
    But they showed an immigration website that they use, where the date of expiration of visa was 04/14/2013. This is her old visa expiration date. We applied for new visa and we do have her I797 till 08/15/2014.

They denied driving license for her because of this, and said she will need a new visa. They also said she will receive a letter from immigration, questioning her lawful presence in US in two weeks.

Why is the immigration website showing her old visa expiration date? I am not sure whom to contact or where to check. I called Vermont USCIS but they said they dont have the information and asked me to check US Department of State. It was not useful.

My wife and daughter are planning for a vacation in June. I scheduled an appoinment for visa stamping too but now i am afraid to send them on vacation with this date issue.

Any help/idea/suggestion would be helpful

Which state is this? She should visit a nearby USCIS office or call USCIS to check if her extension of status is updated in the SAVE database that most DMV's use for immigration checks.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Which state is this? She should visit a nearby USCIS office or call USCIS to check if her extension of status is updated in the SAVE database that most DMV's use for immigration checks.
      Texas state. We live in Houston. Her petition number starts with EAC. Can you please help me with USCIS phone number (i already tried 800 375 5283)? I want to talk to them before i schedule an appointment. Want to check if my daughter's visa has the same problem too.

Comment

Getting an Infopass appointment is the best way. If you child's application I-539 was included with your wife's, it may be possible to address both in the same appointment.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Ok... This is what finally happened.I know this is not related to 'immi'help. Its more like 'DPS'help... I think its ok as long as it helps...

I made an infopass appointment and went to the US consulate office. This is what they said to me.

Your immigration details are fine to us. For the public offices like DPS the instructions given by USCIS to retrieve immigration details are
          1) DPS officer has to submit a request online and he will get a reply from USCIS immediately
          2) If first option didn't work, the DPS officer makes a different kind of request online and the USCIS replies back in two weeks.
          3) If second option didnt work or was not possible, the DPS officer has to make a paper filing and post it to USCIS and they will get a reply in three weeks.

So there is nothing we have to do.
          In my case, i think they followed the second step....i got a mail from DPS two weeks later saying 'the immigration details are verified and you can come for a drive test'.

Note: When you receive such mail from DPS, goto DPS within three or four days with the notice. Else they will have start the process freshly and you will have to wait again (like me )

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X