Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Re-stamping Question..

Hi,

I'm on H1B and my wife is on H4. I changed my from employer A to employer B in Dec 2012. My new employer did H1 transfer for me and I have approved peition till 2015. Now I have booked ticket for my wife to travel India this month and come back on July end.. I had plans to travel in July for 3 weeks and come back along with my wife. I also had plans to do visa re-stamping for me & my wife while I'm in India (since I changed employer). but now due to my proj schedule I'm not sure if I can travel. So will my wife can travel and come back with the same H4 Visa that she has? Will it cause her issue during POE? or she can do Visa restamping without me and come back US?

Please advise.. So I can plan my travel accordingly..

Thanks

Originally posted by Birahadish Padmanaban View Post
    I'm on H1B and my wife is on H4. I changed my from employer A to employer B in Dec 2012. My new employer did H1 transfer for me and I have approved peition till 2015. Now I have booked ticket for my wife to travel India this month and come back on July end.. I had plans to travel in July for 3 weeks and come back along with my wife. I also had plans to do visa re-stamping for me & my wife while I'm in India (since I changed employer). but now due to my proj schedule I'm not sure if I can travel. So will my wife can travel and come back with the same H4 Visa that she has? Will it cause her issue during POE? or she can do Visa restamping without me and come back US?
    As long as you hold valid H-1B status, your wife can travel with her previously stamped H4, provided that it is still valid. The visa is nothing more than approval to apply for admission in the H4 non-immigrant category at a port of entry.

Comment

H1B Transfered but can I enter US with the H1B from previuos employer?

Originally posted by nicoeppersma View Post
      As long as you hold valid H-1B status, your wife can travel with her previously stamped H4, provided that it is still valid. The visa is nothing more than approval to apply for admission in the H4 non-immigrant category at a port of entry.
      Hello Sir,

I need your Expert Advice on this.

1)I came to US in May 2013 with Employer A with a VISA H1B validity till 2016. (VISA stamped on my passport till 2016 with A)
      2)I changed my Employer to B in May 2016 (Employer B applied visa with letter from Client X and I got the VISA approval with a Employer B and Client X) PS: Never got it stamped as I was in US all this time.
      3)Project for Client X got Scrapped and my employer moved me to Client Y and applied for the transfer in regular processing which is expected to get approved by January 2015.
      4)I have an urgency to visit India next month and my Employer B attorney is saying that I can leave US and return without getting fresh stamping.
      He is suggesting that Petition from Employer B with client X and VISA sticker on Passport from Employer A would be OK while entering US back.

Kindly guide me with your expertise.

Best Regards,
      Mohit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X