221(g) Hyderabad White Slip - No documents asked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) Hyderabad White Slip - No documents asked

I had my visa interview on April 15th at the Hyd US consulate and I got a 221(g).

Background:
    First time US visa - Petition got approved end of Feb 2013.
    Currently work with a huge software product development company in India.
    H1B Petitioner - In-House project of a very small product company (<20 people).

Interview:
    I was cool, polite and answered confidently. Long conversations. The officer grilled on the small company's product and presence.

At the end of the interview, the VO took copies of my 797, I129, LCA and a lot of information about the company (overview documents, photos etc. that I had carried along with me to the interview).
    She returned me my passport and said she has to put it on further processing and that I'll be receiving a mail if there are any updates.
    She gave a white 221(g) slip and checked the "Your application needs additional admin processing" thingy and also checked the bottom most box "Other" and wrote "Additional Research" against it.

My passport was returned right after the interview, and though it's been 2 days, there was no email either about the case. Does that indicate a higher chance of denial or something?

This being the very first time I've ever attended a US visa interview, I am a completely novice to these. It would be of great help if someone can help me know if it's a common practice (returning the passport at the end of the interview still not asking for any extra documentation).

Also, how long do u suggest I should wait for a mail from them before I try to contact the consulate?

Regards,
    HeMan
    Last edited by HeMan; 04-17-2013, 01:38 AM.

about 1 week

You should wait no more than 1 week. Send an email to [email protected] asking for more details on the case.

Returning of passport does not really mean anything except that they will ask for your passport at a later date. In a way its good you have your passport with you as my wife and I are passport-less since Dec 11, 2012 as my case is under admin processing for over 4 months now.

-Mirza

Comment

Originally posted by imirza View Post
      You should wait no more than 1 week. Send an email to [email protected] asking for more details on the case.

Returning of passport does not really mean anything except that they will ask for your passport at a later date. In a way its good you have your passport with you as my wife and I are passport-less since Dec 11, 2012 as my case is under admin processing for over 4 months now.

-Mirza

Thank you for the advice Mirza. I think I'll wait for 2 more days and then drop a mail. Thank you.
      There's one more thing I wanted to ask about. On the visa status tracker (https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/), I am not able to search for the status based on the case number that the officer had written on the white form. I am able to search based on the CEAC barcode number though. Is this how it works?
      Actually, the format of the case number given by the officer doesn't even match to what has been mentioned on the ceac site (it has fewer digits in it than what is expected).

-HeMan

Comment

format

Originally posted by HeMan View Post
        Thank you for the advice Mirza. I think I'll wait for 2 more days and then drop a mail. Thank you.
        There's one more thing I wanted to ask about. On the visa status tracker (https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/), I am not able to search for the status based on the case number that the officer had written on the white form. I am able to search based on the CEAC barcode number though. Is this how it works?
        Actually, the format of the case number given by the officer doesn't even match to what has been mentioned on the ceac site (it has fewer digits in it than what is expected).

-HeMan
        I am able to track the case with both the bar code number as well as the case ID.
        You have to put in the case ID in the right format. For example: if the case number written is 2013 100 845 1 then you should use 2013100 845 0001 (spaces should be used in that order). Try this.

-Mirza

Comment

Originally posted by imirza View Post
          You have to put in the case ID in the right format. For example: if the case number written is 2013 100 845 1 then you should use 2013100 845 0001 (spaces should be used in that order). Try this.

-Mirza

Yeah, I did misinterpret the case number given. Now, with the format that has been mentioned on the site and that you had helped me with, gives me this message "Your search did not return any data". And when I search based on the CEAC barcode number, it shows the status as 'Admin processing' changed on 15th April. Wonder if the officer had written a wrong case number on the sheet.
          Anyway, thanks for that Mirza. Tmrw when I'll mail them asking about the status, I'll ask this too. Thanks again.

- HeMan

Comment

In the same boat as you are.....

I had my visa interview on April 15th at the Hyd US consulate and I got a 221(g).

Background:
            First time US visa - Petition got approved end of Feb 2013.
            Currently work with a huge software product development company in India.
            H1B Petitioner - In-House project of a very small product company (<20 people).

Interview:
            I was cool, polite and answered confidently. Long conversations. The officer grilled on the small company's product and presence.

At the end of the interview, the VO took copies of my 797, I129, LCA and a lot of information about the company (overview documents, photos etc. that I had carried along with me to the interview).
            She returned me my passport and said she has to put it on further processing and that I'll be receiving a mail if there are any updates.
            She gave a white 221(g) slip and checked the "Your application needs additional admin processing" thingy and also checked the bottom most box "Other" and wrote "Additional Research" against it.

My passport was returned right after the interview, and though it's been 2 days, there was no email either about the case. Does that indicate a higher chance of denial or something?

This being the very first time I've ever attended a US visa interview, I am a completely novice to these. It would be of great help if someone can help me know if it's a common practice (returning the passport at the end of the interview still not asking for any extra documentation).

Also, how long do u suggest I should wait for a mail from them before I try to contact the consulate?

Regards,
            HeMan
            Hi,
            I too had a similar experience, attending H1B interview @Hyderabad consulate on 15'th April....Lot of questions asked, although I have answered them all and presented the required documents to support the same, I was issued a 221 g with admin processing ticked. No mention of the case id too. Hence have been checking the status many times a day using the barcode Id.
            This was my first time experience too and no idea what has made the VO go ballistic in asking so many questions.
            Have been reading up a lot of forums and seems like the timeline and the final outcome of this admin processing cannot be predicted.
            Not sure what should be the next steps , except for patiently waiting for the stars to favor ...
            Anybody have similar experience???
            If so , is there anything that we can do in this juncture???
            please keep this thread posted .... this has been a very valuable source of information.....

-nbabu

Comment

Originally posted by nbabu View Post
              Hi,
              I too had a similar experience, attending H1B interview @Hyderabad consulate on 15'th April....Lot of questions asked, although I have answered them all and presented the required documents to support the same, I was issued a 221 g with admin processing ticked. No mention of the case id too. Hence have been checking the status many times a day using the barcode Id.
              This was my first time experience too and no idea what has made the VO go ballistic in asking so many questions.
              Have been reading up a lot of forums and seems like the timeline and the final outcome of this admin processing cannot be predicted.
              Not sure what should be the next steps , except for patiently waiting for the stars to favor ...
              Anybody have similar experience???
              If so , is there anything that we can do in this juncture???
              please keep this thread posted .... this has been a very valuable source of information.....

-nbabu
              nbabu, The case Id has not been written at all? hmm....for me, the case number has been written, but it seems invalid.
              And like others have been saying, there is nothing that we can do other than waiting for the updates I suppose. Also, you said you've been tracking the status right. Does it show any progress? For me, there's nothing....it moved to Admin processing on 15th and that's it. I've dropped a mail to that HydADMIN asking if there were updates on the case. Let's see how it goes.

- HeMan

Comment

nbabu, The case Id has not been written at all? hmm....for me, the case number has been written, but it seems invalid.
                And like others have been saying, there is nothing that we can do other than waiting for the updates I suppose. Also, you said you've been tracking the status right. Does it show any progress? For me, there's nothing....it moved to Admin processing on 15th and that's it. I've dropped a mail to that HydADMIN asking if there were updates on the case. Let's see how it goes.

- HeMan
                No progress at all!!! It still reflects the last update date as 15'th April .
                And No case number written, VO seemed quite confused too as he took my documents and left to go inside and came back after a minute. People usually report their experience to be brief , in my case ,it was quite lengthy (relatively).... god only knows what was the point of contention....I just hope it doesn't go worse, were in the application is sent back to USCIS for reconsideration, which not only takes time but also has greater risk in successful stamping.....
                Fingers crossed....

Comment

Originally posted by nbabu View Post
                  No progress at all!!! It still reflects the last update date as 15'th April .
                  And No case number written, VO seemed quite confused too as he took my documents and left to go inside and came back after a minute. People usually report their experience to be brief , in my case ,it was quite lengthy (relatively).... god only knows what was the point of contention....I just hope it doesn't go worse, were in the application is sent back to USCIS for reconsideration, which not only takes time but also has greater risk in successful stamping.....
                  Fingers crossed....
                  I have been given the a white slip with no documents asked or no boxes checked for a H1B petition attending the 2nd time (first time got approved a couple of years ago this is my second stamping with a different employer) and its been 3 weeks since the interview, it still shows administrative processing. Can you guys let me know what is the most probable way the consulate would reach you after making a decision and also what is the time line i am looking at ? The passport was taken by the VO after the interview but was returned immediately after 2 days. I thought i must have gotten the visa since they took the passport back. I see that in most of the online forums it is indicated that it is a bad sign to have the passport returned, can anyone please give me more insight on it if possible. Appreciate your help!

Interview Questions:

VO: What is the highest Degree of Education?

Answer: Masters in Engineering

VO: What field?

Answer: Civil Engineering.

VO went inside took sometime to come out , was talking to another consular and he kept on typing for a bit after coming back to his seat.

VO: Who is your employer?

Answer: YYYY

VO: Who is your client?

Answer: YYYY

VO: Client Location?

Answer: I mentioned the office where i work from but the headquarters is in different place so the officer asked if it was that location.

VO: Who was your previous employer? Were you with the same client when you were with the previous employer?

Answer: Yes

After a while he took the passport back and asked no documents or any further questions, he took my passport and returned my i797. I assumed i got the Visa. **** it!

Thanks,

SSS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X