Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B not used. Transfer initiated with another Organization while in India.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B not used. Transfer initiated with another Organization while in India.

Hello,

I have a stamped H1B valid until Sept 2015. However I never traveled on H1B due to lack of opportunity at the organization "X" who filled my H1B.
    Now I have found an opportunity with another organization "Y" and have initiated H1B transfer with them while I am in India.

My Question is -
    1. What documents should I expect from Organization "Y" upon H1B transfer is approved.
    2. My dependents have H4 stamped, however not traveled. For dependents to travel with me upon my H1B transfer, do I need to do any kind of transfer for H4 as well.

Thanks.

You need to have your new approved Petition from new employer. You don't have to go for stamping as it is valid till 2015. Just show your new approved petition at POE if you are asked to do so.

Same will be applicable to your dependent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      You need to have your new approved Petition from new employer. You don't have to go for stamping as it is valid till 2015. Just show your new approved petition at POE if you are asked to do so.

Same will be applicable to your dependent as well.
      Thanks for you response. It helps.

For dependents, if I understand correctly I need not do any thing else with their H4 as H4 visa is already stamped in their passport. A copy of the approved petition that is provided for my H1B transfer should be carried at the POE. Please let me know if my Understanding is correct.

Secondly, other than the approved petition, what other documents should the new employer "Y" provide; like LCA etc. If possible, please provide me a check list. I am little concerned as I have not traveled to US on H1B.

Thanks.
      Last edited by smaji101; 04-21-2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

1. Yes, You are correct.
        2. My employer has given 1797, LCA, Offer letter and address details with their contact numbers when I came over here. I did transfer my H1 from my home country and based on my experience, it went very smoothly and it took hardly two minutes for me to pass through POE. So, You don't have to really worry if you have all the documents appropriately. Once you are done at POE, Please make sure the I94 has all your correct information such as your name, visa type and the exit date (it should match your stamped visa on the passport). Have a peaceful journey. You will be alright-

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
          1. Yes, You are correct.
          2. My employer has given 1797, LCA, Offer letter and address details with their contact numbers when I came over here. I did transfer my H1 from my home country and based on my experience, it went very smoothly and it took hardly two minutes for me to pass through POE. So, You don't have to really worry if you have all the documents appropriately. Once you are done at POE, Please make sure the I94 has all your correct information such as your name, visa type and the exit date (it should match your stamped visa on the passport). Have a peaceful journey. You will be alright-

This is my opinion.
          Thanks kadkhiq81.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X