Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer & I140

Hi,
    I got a new job offer with desi contractor working for a direct client. My I140 has been approved, I485 not yet filed (so no EAD). I passed my 6 year H1B in 2009 and I have been extending my H1B based on my I140 approval. The contractor said he will do H1B transfer for me and after working for him for one year, I can again transfer my H1B to the client and work for the client. My question is, can I do multiple transfers with the current I140 or do I need to file new I140 for every H1B transfer (I am on 11th year H1B).

Your answer is appreciated.

thanks..

Since you do not meet the requirements of an I-485 pending for more than 6 months, it is not possible to transfer the I-140:

I realize that you may source hope out of the above in the scenario that your current employer does not withdraw or revoke your I-140. This will also not help you, since the I-140 is for future employment. This means that you will need to have the intention to work for your current employer after the I-485 is approved and you have received your green card. If you do not have this intention and/or do not work for that employer immediately after the approval of the green card, this will constitute visa fraud and may be reason for USCIS to rescind the approvals.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X