H1B passport stamping in Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B passport stamping in Mumbai

Hi, my OPT expires on August 31, 05. My H1B was approved and comes in to effect on October 1, 05. I am scheduled for an appointment in December 05 in Mumbai to get my passport stamped. Do I need to leave the country for the month of September 05 or can I stay here (and not work)? If I do, is there a chance my H1B visa in Mumbai can be denied? Some advice will be aprreciated. Thanks!

You can stay in US and not work. After OPT has expired there is a 60 day grace period to leave the US if the COS is not attained, as your H1 starts on Oct 1st and the gap is only 30 days you can avail the 60 day grace period.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your response. Is there any mention of this 60 day grace period on USCIS's website? I am trying to find the relevant law or policy which stipulates this so I can make a copy of it and take it with me to the embassy. Please advise. Thanks!

Comment

I am not sure of the policy but you can browse through your school international office website and it should be somewhere in the regulations for F1 student.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X