Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B-H4-H1B Need of visa stamping?

Hi.. My first post on this forum,

1. My wife was on H1-B and got her visa stamped in Feb 2012 with the H1-B visa valid till Sep 2014.
    2. She lost her job in Aug 2012 and I transferred her to H-4 visa which was approved within 2-3 weeks. (She was in USA while I applied for COS and she never left the country even after H4 approval)
    3. She found job in Nov 2012 and the new employer applied for and got her H1-B approval and she started working in Jan 2013 and has new I-94 valid till Sep 2015

My question is if we travel out of USA in 2013, let's say to Mexico does she need to go for H1-B visa stamping to India? Or since her passport has a valid H1-B stamp till Sep 2014 and no H4 stamp we are ok to travel out of country without a need for visiting India for new H1-B stamping?

Originally posted by mzc View Post
    Hi.. My first post on this forum,

1. My wife was on H1-B and got her visa stamped in Feb 2012 with the H1-B visa valid till Sep 2014.
    2. She lost her job in Aug 2012 and I transferred her to H-4 visa which was approved within 2-3 weeks. (She was in USA while I applied for COS and she never left the country even after H4 approval)
    3. She found job in Nov 2012 and the new employer applied for and got her H1-B approval and she started working in Jan 2013 and has new I-94 valid till Sep 2015

My question is if we travel out of USA in 2013, let's say to Mexico does she need to go for H1-B visa stamping to India? Or since her passport has a valid H1-B stamp till Sep 2014 and no H4 stamp we are ok to travel out of country without a need for visiting India for new H1-B stamping?
    Her H1-B visa is valid, she does not need to go for restamping.

The visa is nothing more or less than permission to apply for admission in a certain (non)immigrant classification at a port of entry. Since she has a valid and approved petition, that is sufficient.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X