Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer after 1 month out of status

Hello all,

I got fired from my job about 1 month + ago and was able to file a H1 transfer application (regular processing) 3 weeks later. However, I have not heard back from USCIS with a receipt notice and given the number of H1 applications this year, it might take a long time to receive the receipt notice to talk less of get an approval from USCIS.

I have asked my attorneys to upgrade my case to premium processing but they said they cannot request an upgrade at this time until they get a receipt notice under regular processing.

What do you advice that I do so I don't get in trouble with USCIS? Should I leave the country? My new employer would like me to start work as soon as possible but I am scared of the legal consequences of continuing to stay in the US.

Also, my spouse is with me in the U.S. on an H4 and is planning on filing for a work permit/Green card next year. I won't like to put my spouse in trouble with the law when he files for a work permit/Green card because of our being out of status this year.

Your advice will be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by ndlx; 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM.

Hi,

Please can you share what happened with regards to your visa transfer I am in a similar situation and will be filing for visa soon. Some insight will be really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by leapfrog View Post
      Hi,

Please can you share what happened with regards to your visa transfer I am in a similar situation and will be filing for visa soon. Some insight will be really helpful.
      Can any one of you share me on how many days it takes you to get the receipt number? I am also in the same situation, waiting for 3 weeks and still I hav'nt got the receipt number from USCIS for my H1b amendment application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X