Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 g white slip at New Delhi Consulate & no documents asked

Hi

I have attended H1 interview with my wife today at Delhi Embassy. I am with one of the world's top IT company & going on a client project. I have been with this company for around 7 years. Also note that i had B1 stamped for 10 years in 2006 & travelled twice on that. I also had H1B stamped in 2011 but never travelled on that one.
    VO asked me below question

1) Location i would be working
    Answered
    2) Salary i will be gettng in US
    Answered
    3) Cleinte's Name
    Answered
    4) How long i have been with present employer
    Answered

Then he did write something on his system & sent me to another counter. He said that there wil be few more question on that counter. When i reach on that counter an indian guy was standing & i handed over my and wife's passport to him. He scanned both passport and gave me whiote 221 (g) crossing all the document list on that. He said that i dont have to submit any document . He also said that dont worry your visa is approved but they need final clearance & that will take around 2 weeks time.

Does anyone had any idea that .....

1) why that VO did not issue me a 221 g & sent me to other counter...
    2) How i should read words from that guy that visa is approved
    3) Should i believe the guy that it will not take more than 2 weeks,.
    4) What does he mean by clearance (is it beacuse of some common name )

I had 221 (g) during my last H1b visa stamping too , but that time it was issued by VO and he asked lot of documents .

I will appreciate if folks can help me with their experience...

221 g white slip at New Delhi 30 Apr 2013

Originally posted by USER553 View Post
    Hi

I have attended H1 interview with my wife today at Delhi Embassy. I am with one of the world's top IT company & going on a client project. I have been with this company for around 7 years. Also note that i had B1 stamped for 10 years in 2006 & travelled twice on that. I also had H1B stamped in 2011 but never travelled on that one.

Answered
    Answered
    3) Cleinte's Name
    Answered
    Answered

Then he did write something on his system & sent me to another counter. He said that there wil be few more question on that counter. When i reach on that counter an indian guy was standing & i handed over my and wife's passport to him. He scanned both passport and gave me whiote 221 (g) crossing all the document list on that. He said that i dont have to submit any document . He also said that dont worry your visa is approved but they need final clearance & that will take around 2 weeks time.

I had 221 (g) during my last H1b visa stamping too , but that time it was issued by VO and he asked lot of documents .

We are also in the same boat no documents asked .. Any update on your visa ??

Comment

Hi

Answered
      Answered
      3) Cleinte's Name
      Answered
      Answered

Hey i am also in the same boat, no documents asked.
      But just a couple of things:
      a) They returned my passport also.
      b) They didnt issue me any slip.

Any help/pointer will be highly useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Singh13 View Post
        We are also in the same boat no documents asked .. Any update on your visa ??
        Not yet .. & whats your case detail. I mean consulate, Visa tye, interview date etc

Comment

Not yet .. & whats your case detail. I mean consulate, Visa tye, interview date etc
          I went for my H1 re stamping on April 29th at Delhi consulate.

Comment

your case is very to as mine!!

[QUOTE=USER553;299712]Hi

QUOTE]

USER553-- your case is very similar to mine. I also attended interview in feb 2013 at new delhi for fresh H1b issued white slip.Even, VO asked the same questions as yours.I am waiting till then....what about you ???

Comment

[QUOTE=rmkhan;306543]
              Hi

QUOTE]

USER553-- your case is very similar to mine. I also attended interview in feb 2013 at new delhi for fresh H1b issued white slip.Even, VO asked the same questions as yours.I am waiting till then....what about you ???
              I am still waiting

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X