Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I797 A not returned after VISA interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797 A not returned after VISA interview.

Hi,

I was interviewed as Delhi consulate last week and I got my visa stamped on my passport, but my I797 (original ) approval notice was not returned, which was taken by the interviewing officer during the interview.

On asking for my I797 at visa collection center, I was suggested to send an email to call center. After struggling for couple of days, only reply I received from help line was

"With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that Once the visa is issued we do not retain any documents.Thanks"

Now I have to travel back to US in a weeks time, and I got to know that Duplicate copy of I797 takes around 3-6 months at USCIS.

Please let me know/share your experience if any one has travelled to US with a xerox copy of I797.

Thanks

Hi Have faced the same issue yesterday - I got my passport back but my original I797 is not returned - please suggest how to followup with the consulate, i have got the same response which you have posted from helpdesk

Originally posted by myk1g View Post
    Hi,

I was interviewed as Delhi consulate last week and I got my visa stamped on my passport, but my I797 (original ) approval notice was not returned, which was taken by the interviewing officer during the interview.

On asking for my I797 at visa collection center, I was suggested to send an email to call center. After struggling for couple of days, only reply I received from help line was

"With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that Once the visa is issued we do not retain any documents.Thanks"

Now I have to travel back to US in a weeks time, and I got to know that Duplicate copy of I797 takes around 3-6 months at USCIS.

Please let me know/share your experience if any one has travelled to US with a xerox copy of I797.

Thanks

Comment

Please let me know - how did you get your original I797 document back - i am in exactly same situation with Delhi consulate

Comment

Did you get back your I797

Originally posted by amitbali View Post
        Please let me know - how did you get your original I797 document back - i am in exactly same situation with Delhi consulate
        Did any of you get back your original I797.

Comment

I am in the same position. Officer took my original I797 and didn't return back. How I will get that back. What is the process? I have written several emails and called many times, but they are not giving appropriate answers. Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Can I travel to the US with a photocopy and email proofs?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X