Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After H1 trasnfer to New employer, Extension with Old Employer

Hi.

I am currently working for Employer A. My visa is valid till October 2013. Extension is required to be filed with Employer A.
    Then my H1 got transferred to Employer B with Extension till 2016. But I changed my mind and wanted to work with Employer A.
    Does Employer A need to file my Extension?

If I continue to work with Employer A and, in future if I want to transfer H1 to employer C, and if I dont have any documents of transfer from Employer B, does this will affect my transfer process?

Originally posted by Silica View Post
    Hi.

I am currently working for Employer A. My visa is valid till October 2013. Extension is required to be filed with Employer A.
    Then my H1 got transferred to Employer B with Extension till 2016. But I changed my mind and wanted to work with Employer A.
    Does Employer A need to file my Extension?

If I continue to work with Employer A and, in future if I want to transfer H1 to employer C, and if I dont have any documents of transfer from Employer B, does this will affect my transfer process?
    You can work with Employer A till Employer A's I-94 is valid. After that you would need an extension.

If your I-94 hasnt already expired, you dont need transfer doc from B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You can work with Employer A till Employer A's I-94 is valid. After that you would need an extension.

If your I-94 hasnt already expired, you dont need transfer doc from B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the reply Raghvi. Employer B has already filed I129 for extension and approved for 2 more years. So will this affect in this scenario? For Emp A my I-94 hasn't expired yet. There are still 4 months for it to expire. But is it possibilty to get RFE if I dont show or mention any documents from Employee B while filing extension from Employer A.

Comment

Originally posted by Silica View Post
        Thanks for the reply Raghvi. Employer B has already filed I129 for extension and approved for 2 more years. So will this affect in this scenario? For Emp A my I-94 hasn't expired yet. There are still 4 months for it to expire. But is it possibilty to get RFE if I dont show or mention any documents from Employee B while filing extension from Employer A.
        Hi Silica, Am on same boat, hope you might already found some solution this case, appreciate if you could share your exp..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X