Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 221g white slip hyderabad consulate

Hello all,

My wife who is an Iranian national [am an Indian with H1B visa] and a graduate in BioTech attended H4 interview on 25-Apr-2013. After a 2 hours long grilling by the consulate officers she was given a 221g white slip, the officers retained her passport and said it needs further processing, might take couple of weeks. Before handing her 221g one of the officers said 'Good news'. They sent a questionnaire via email, same questions like in form DS-160, attachments - 1. CV in txt format and 2. invitation letter. She replied back the very next day with completed questionnaire, cv attached and to invitation letter-our visa dept advised me to ignore it[i work for a renowed IT company]
    My wife was in india then on a tourist visa , to get married. As the indian tourist visa was expiring on May3rd, we requested for passport withdrawl so that she can return to india as spouse of an indian citizen and hence can stay here for long.
    Now my wife will be back in India in few days. Quick summary
    Date of interview: 25th April
    Visa category:H4.
    InterviewResult:221g white slip.
    No documents asked, just asked for cv in .txt format, invitation letter from instituation and a questionnaire. replied with cv and complete questionnaire. As invitation letter from institution doenst apply in H4 case
    Possible cause of TAL alert- my guess: BioTechnology graduate

I got couple of questions:-
    retaining passport, saying 'Good News' - Is a positive sign?
    what course of action should I take to submit my passport? to whom should I write an email to get status update. On website it is still under processing
    Please help.

anybody there?

anybody there fighting similar 221g monster from hyd consulate

Comment

Originally posted by Wife_H4_221g View Post
      anybody there fighting similar 221g monster from hyd consulate
      How long has it been?
      I was given white slip for h4 also its been a week..
      Mohammed is my last name..was given Us visa before for F1.

Comment

221g white slip hyderabad, stuck since March 15 2013

My Case is similar but for H1. I was on L1B in US for 2.5 years and got my H1 approved while I was in US. I came here on March 2013 for vacation and went for visa stamping on March 15th. I went with my spouse and daughter(US citizen)The interview went like this

VO: How many people applying for visa?
        Answer:2
        VO: Daughter?
        Answer: She is US citizen.
        VO: Okay then she wont be needing visa.
        VO: Who is your employer?
        Answer: Company
        VO: Who is the client?
        Answer: Client Name.
        VO: What project?
        Answer: Explained about project.
        VO: How long you married?
        Answer: 4years
        VO: Tell me your wife's parents names
        Answer: Told the names
        VO: Took a white paper and wrote the case id on it. She told, your case needs further administrative processing. We will be sending you an email, please respond at the earliest so that we can process your visa.

March 15th evening i got a mail from consulate asking for resume in txt format, tickets, and questionnaire on personal details, previous US travel details etc. I replied with all details on 18th March. I am checking the case status @ ceac.state.gov, but no change. I came here for a month so all my belongings(car, house etc) are still there in US. I tried talking to the support team, even they dont know much once the case moves to admin processing. Hoping for the best, I am still waiting for my visa to get approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismeen View Post
          My Case is similar but for H1. I was on L1B in US for 2.5 years and got my H1 approved while I was in US. I came here on March 2013 for vacation and went for visa stamping on March 15th. I went with my spouse and daughter(US citizen)The interview went like this

VO: Took a white paper and wrote the case id on it. She told, your case needs further administrative processing. We will be sending you an email, please respond at the earliest so that we can process your visa.

March 15th evening i got a mail from consulate asking for resume in txt format, tickets, and questionnaire on personal details, previous US travel details etc. I replied with all details on 18th March. I am checking the case status @ ceac.state.gov, but no change. I came here for a month so all my belongings(car, house etc) are still there in US. I tried talking to the support team, even they dont know much once the case moves to admin processing. Hoping for the best, I am still waiting for my visa to get approved.
          you are about to hit the 60 day time line. few have sought help of a congress man in US. Have you tried that? tried contacting the DOS?
          Hope you get your visa very soon. Wondering why do they need this much time to make a decision, keeping lives of people hung in balance

Comment

you are about to hit the 60 day time line. few have sought help of a congress man in US. Have you tried that? tried contacting the DOS?
            Hope you get your visa very soon. Wondering why do they need this much time to make a decision, keeping lives of people hung in balance
            I am not sure on that. Do you have any details on how to reach them? Please share.

Comment

Originally posted by nahid0307 View Post
              i've been waiting for 3months (since 15th of Feb)...no updates, none asked me to submit any documents (even during interview didnt look at marriage certificate, photos). Now i have to live separately from husband

Comment

I am not sure on that. Do you have any details on how to reach them? Please share.
                well, the otherday, before i joined this forum, i was googling and read on forums about contacting DOS, seeking help of a congress man in the city you are supposed to work. i even don't know what does DOS stands for.
                I will post if i come accross those posts again.

Comment

read this thread, it is pretty long, but has posts from h4 applicants too

Comment

Case updated date changed on CEAC

Today i found the case updated date changed to May-17th.
                    Quick summary of my wife's Case:
                    Visa:H4
                    Date of Intvw:Apr 25
                    Intrvw Result: white paper 221g, email was sent later asking for CV and to complete a questionnaire
                    RepliedOn:Apr 26
                    With Drew Passport for urgent travel needs on: May 1. From May 1 till yesterday(May 16) case update date on CEAC was May 1
                    Today it is May 17th

today is exactly the 21st day since she replied with the completed questionnaire.hoping this is a positive sign, not some auto update. keeping fingers crossed

Comment

Hello

Hi,
                      If you dont mind could you please share has your visa been issued, if so could you please let me know for how long the status was in administrative processing.

Appreciate your response,
                      Thanks

Comment

H4 221g white slip

Originally posted by nahid0307 View Post
                        How long has it been?
                        Mohammed is my last name..was given Us visa before for F1.

have received the visa??? how long it took for you to get the visa??

Comment

Originally posted by prahaar7 View Post
                          have received the visa??? how long it took for you to get the visa??
                          My case was in 2013. My Visa got approved after 6 months. If your case is already in admin processing for 60+ days, please call the support team and request them to escalate it. Hope it will get through soon.

Comment

My case was in 2013. My Visa got approved after 6 months. If your case is already in admin processing for 60+ days, please call the support team and request them to escalate it. Hope it will get through soon.

My wife attended the consulate for H4 Visa on 01/05/2018. she was asked to submit the H4 petition to the email provided and they kept her passport.

I have emailed the H4 Petition copy the same day evening.

just wanted to see how long it will take. as my kid is also with my wife and she need to be in school on 1/16/2018 other wise I need to re-enroll my kid in the school again.

it is a pain again as I may not get the admission in the same school.

Comment

Today i found the case updated date changed to May-17th.
                              Quick summary of my wife's Case:
                              Visa:H4
                              Date of Intvw:Apr 25
                              Intrvw Result: white paper 221g, email was sent later asking for CV and to complete a questionnaire
                              RepliedOn:Apr 26
                              With Drew Passport for urgent travel needs on: May 1. From May 1 till yesterday(May 16) case update date on CEAC was May 1
                              Today it is May 17th

today is exactly the 21st day since she replied with the completed questionnaire.hoping this is a positive sign, not some auto update. keeping fingers crossed
                              Hello - I am in the same boat now ... what was the final outcome .. could you please share the details ??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X