What is H1B work permit start date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is H1B work permit start date?

My employer raised H1B visa (CAP) for me. My LCA start date is something like 05-Aug-2013. My application was picked in the lottery. Now my question is can i start working from 01-October-2013 or Do i need to wait up to 06-Jan-2014. Please clarify.

Originally posted by Raj_999 View Post
    My employer raised H1B visa (CAP) for me. My LCA start date is something like 05-Aug-2013. My application was picked in the lottery. Now my question is can i start working from 01-October-2013 or Do i need to wait up to 06-Jan-2014. Please clarify.
    Where are you seeing the date 06-Jan-2014??

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Where are you seeing the date 06-Jan-2014??
      I am not seeing the date 06-Jan-2014 anywhere. But somebody told me that work permit start date must be 6 months after LCA start date (05-Aug-2013). That's why i was bit confused with these dates.

May be i am missing very basic things, Will you clarify the same from your end?

Comment

What is H1B work permit start date?

You can start working only from Oct 1st 2013. Not before that .. ( Forget the 6 month rule that is for the lca start date i.e an lca cannot be filed no earlier than six months before the requested start date on the lca)

So even though the lca was filed probably in march with an employment start date of august , you can only start working from Oct 1st ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X