Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Indian passports with H1, H4 visa stamps and I-94

Hello,

I and my wife have lost our passports. My passport had H1 stamp on it and my wife had H4.
    i-94 were attached on the passports itself, so they are also lost.

I have the copies of passports of both of us. but, i don't have my wife's visa copy, i do have my visa copy....
    I have my i-94 copy but I dont have my wife's i-94 copy.

I lost these in a state where I don't live, and I reported it to police there and collected a report with them. The report number is identified by : "DR number" .. I am not sure if this is the same which i am supposed to get. The header says <city> police department report. It had victim1 and victim2 names as my and my wife's names. then, in description it mentions about lost 2 passports with other things.
    Also, I lost my US driving license as well with them...other things lost are: credit cards etc.

Now, my doubts are:

1. How to get the passports with visa stamp and i-94?
    2. What steps need to be taken to be sure that we're safe in case somebody misuses these documents...like identity theft or something...i hope you understand what I mean here...
    3. Do I need to report it to local police station in my state where I live?

please guide me...

thanks

Originally posted by indian_123 View Post
    Hello,

I and my wife have lost our passports. My passport had H1 stamp on it and my wife had H4.

I have the copies of passports of both of us. but, i don't have my wife's visa copy, i do have my visa copy....

I lost these in a state where I don't live, and I reported it to police there and collected a report with them. The report number is identified by : "DR number" .. I am not sure if this is the same which i am supposed to get. The header says <city> police department report. It had victim1 and victim2 names as my and my wife's names. then, in description it mentions about lost 2 passports with other things.
    Also, I lost my US driving license as well with them...other things lost are: credit cards etc.

Now, my doubts are:

2. What steps need to be taken to be sure that we're safe in case somebody misuses these documents...like identity theft or something...i hope you understand what I mean here...

please guide me...

thanks
    Do contact the nearest Indian embassy immediately. I would strongly advise to go to the embassy personally with your spouse.
    You would be able to get an emergency travel document to travel outside US, You might be able to get a duplicate I-94 too, but for new visa stamp I am afraid you would have to get a new passport first and then apply freshly for a visa outside US and get a new stamping done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Do contact the nearest Indian embassy immediately. I would strongly advise to go to the embassy personally with your spouse.
      You would be able to get an emergency travel document to travel outside US, You might be able to get a duplicate I-94 too, but for new visa stamp I am afraid you would have to get a new passport first and then apply freshly for a visa outside US and get a new stamping done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I have my visa valid for next one year and not planning to leave US soon so it's not an urgency..but I don't want to delay in anything...

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I understood is:

1. Get the passports from Indian consulate..
      2. then, get the duplicate I-94 from uscis..
      3. then, go to india before visa expiry and get the stamping done again...
      4. also can I wait here until my visa expiry and get my extension and then go to india? i'm saying so because my visa expiry is after 1 year and I don't have any plans to go to India in next one year or so...

can I execute step1 and 2 simultaneously?

please guide me with any info regarding this....

Comment

I am in a similar situation as I lost passport of all my family members. Could you please let me know how did you get your passport ?

Originally posted by indian_123 View Post
        Hello,

Now, my doubts are:

please guide me...

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X