Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping in Ottawa, Canada - Post Decision Acitivity on USCIS Site

Hi,

I have changed my job in March 2013 and got my H1 approval notice on March 11, 2013 after Premium Processing.
    I am planning to go for my H1 stamping in Ottawa Canada. The H1 status on USCIS website is "Decision" and it says following :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On March 11, 2013, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have approved I-129, I-797 documents. Can I go for stamping in Ottawa Canada or I have to wait for my H1 status to change from "Decision" to "Post Decision Activity".

I heard from people saying we should not book an appointment at least 3 months after we get our H1 approved. The status on USCIS website must be changed to "Post Decision Activity".

Please provide your valuable advice to me.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
    Vijay

You can apply for your Visa, the USCIS status makes no difference.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X