Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B cap exemption for subsequent petitions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B cap exemption for subsequent petitions.

Hello everyone.

I'm currently facing the following problem and could really use some of your insight.
    Employer A filed a H1B petition for fiscal year 2014 for me, which was luckily selected in the lottery process. That petition is still pending.
    Employer A let me know that the project I was about to be hired for was cancelled and as a direct result they will no longer offer me a job. At this point it's not clear whether they are going to cancel the petition or just let it be.

My question is this, If I find some other employer willing to file a new H1B petition for me (there is no concept of "transfer" in this situation if I understand correctly), will that petition be cap exempt?

Taking a look on the I-129, Part C, Question 3.g, it appears like cap exemption kicks in only if you have previously gained H1B status (ie visa stamp + entered US). At the same time I'm seeing numerous articles online suggesting that referencing a previous cap subjected petition receipt number is enough for cap exempt status.

Any ideas?

If A's petition gets approved then you will be cap-exempt otherwise not.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      If A's petition gets approved then you will be cap-exempt otherwise not.
      Even if the petition gets canceled after approval? Do you happen to have any kind of official reference for this?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X