Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B/ H4 Visa Interview @ Chennai on 10th,11th June 2013

Hi all,

Me and my wife cleared the H1B, H4 interview today (its probably just 2 hrs since it got over !!)
    Thought of penning our experience here fresh because this site has helped us to prepare for the interview.

We had our OFC scheduled on 10th June 9 AM.
    We reached there by 8 AM. They were calling for people having appointment at 8 AM, then may be after 10-20 mins 8:30 AM guys were called and by 8:30 AM, the 9 AM appointment people were called in. We were made to wait in a queue just outside the TPL house (but inside the gates) .We were asked to take and and be ready with our passports, Interview appointment letter and DS-160 forms. They verified and let us in to the building where we were asked to go to the first floor. There, we had a security check (body check) and we were asked to keep our belongings in a tray. Meanwhile our passports were handed over to the counter where they stuck stickers to the back of our passports. After that we took our belongings from the tray, passports given back and proceeded to the next room (at the entrance we were given token numbers) that reminded me of ra***ay booking counter. We were seated for sometime until our token numbers were called out. Me and my wife went to separate counters. We were asked to hand over our passports, DS-160 forms and Interview appointment letter. There our photos taken, finger prints taken and asked three questions

- Your full name please ?
    - Your date of birth ?
    - When is your consulate interview ?

After this, the passports are given back along with DS-160 forms (that has the date stamped on it). Thats it for the day. We are supposed to bring the same DS-160 form the next day.

Consulate interview on 11th June 10 AM

We reached there by 9:15 AM. Went to the security and showed the interview appointment letter (pointing the visa priority column showing BEP) . We were asked to move to the front (so saved standing in the long queue). While the queue nears the first security counter, we were asked to keep out DS-160 and passport handy. We were asked for passports and they stuck a sticker having a token number over my wife's passport and have the passports back to us. Then there was a security check before entering the building and also another detailed check inside the building (where they messed up all over certificates ..it was with my wife and she had a good time arranging it back in position !) . Then we entered another room and went to the counter which displayed our token number. We were asked to handover passports and work permit. She tied both our passports with rubber band, returned along with work permit (I797) and directed us to another counter. In this counter, the US lady sitting there asked for our fingerprints and then we were directed to wait. After 5 mins we were asked to move on to the next building.

Here, there were queue and token numbers and corresponding counters used to appear in TV screens. We waited for our turn. Then our number appeared and we went and stood in a queue at our designated counter (3 people in front of us being called one after other and the real interview happening there). I was a bit tensed by then, but suddenly I heard the Visa Officer (an American) asking questions in Tamil to lady who was being interviewed then !! This made me curious and thanks, I was smiling to my wife and got a bit relaxed. At the end of that Tamil interview he told her 'Ungalku visa kedachirukku. Nalla payanam !" (meaning your visa is approved, have a nice time). Then two more people before me, both of whom got their visas approved. Then finally he called out our token number and here it goes..

Me : GoodMorning Sir
    VO : Ya GoodMorning
    VO : So, you are working for YYYY ? (My employer is an IT giant and obviously he knew the company)
    Me : Ya
    VO : Your Client?
    Me : YYYY, its in YYYY city, YYYY state.
    VO : Spell it
    Me : (I spelled it, he was typing something in computer, probably cross checking)
    VO : What do you do for them ?
    Me : Well, I develop ZZZZZ for their IT department

VO : (turned to my wife) So Ma'm, when did you get married ?
    She: on DD-MM-YYYY
    VO : Was it an arranged marriage or a Love marriage ?
    She: Arranged Marriage
    VO : How did you meet ?
    She: Through a matrimonial site
    VO : Where did you get married ?
    She: Place, City
    VO : How many people attended your marriage?
    She: almost 1600
    VO : wow, what color saree did you wear on your wedding day ?
    She: Maroon
    VO : (Smiling) Maroon?!! Okay, your visa is approved, have a nice time in US.
    We : Thank you Sir.

We just cross checked with the securities there if any other formalities are left. They said no.
    We left the place, happy and relived !

Thanks for all who shared experience in this site. It was much helpful for us. And wishing goodluck to all who are reading this, preparing for your H1B/H4 interview.

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X