Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Out Of Cap - COS from L2 to H1B)

Hi,

I am currently working in US on L2 EAD. My earlier H1B visa was revoked by my previous employer after I had left them. I have still 4 years of stay left in US for H1 visa.

1) Can my currently employer(same as my previous employer, I have re-joined them) apply for H1B out of cap visa for me? Do I need to be outside US for Out of Cap visa to be applied?

2) Also, can I ask my employer to apply for a COS for my H1B Out of Cap petition ? This would ensure that I get a new I-94 and my status changes from L2-EAD to H1B without requiring me to travel out of country.

Thanks for your time and inputs.

Regards,
    onlineseek

Originally posted by onlineseek View Post
    Hi,

I am currently working in US on L2 EAD. My earlier H1B visa was revoked by my previous employer after I had left them. I have still 4 years of stay left in US for H1 visa.

1) Can my currently employer(same as my previous employer, I have re-joined them) apply for H1B out of cap visa for me? Do I need to be outside US for Out of Cap visa to be applied?

2) Also, can I ask my employer to apply for a COS for my H1B Out of Cap petition ? This would ensure that I get a new I-94 and my status changes from L2-EAD to H1B without requiring me to travel out of country.

Thanks for your time and inputs.

Regards,
    onlineseek
    1. If the H1 was valid in last 6 years then Yes. No need to be outside US.
    2. Again, yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. If the H1 was valid in last 6 years then Yes. No need to be outside US.
      2. Again, yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for your response. Its been very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X