Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit Visa Information

Hi Guys,
    I have a question regarding the airport transit visas. I am not sure if this question has already been asked as I did not go through previous thread.
    Anyways my question is:
    I came to US on F1 and now H1 is approved. I am going back to india for visa stamping. I dont know which countries allow you to pass through without an airport transit visa. I have heard that if your connecting flight is through Amsterdam, Milan or Dubai you dont need airport transit visa.

Can anyone confirm this with a reliable source and also provide other options where transit visa is not required.

Thanks

Dev

I am planning travel to India by British Airways. Here is what I found on British Consulate's website www.britainusa.com
    "
    EXEMPTIONS:
    Certain exemptions to this requirement have been introduced and apply to all DATV nationals. The following categories of traveller are not required to hold a DATV and may still benefit from the Transit Without Visa (TWOV) concession.
    YOU ARE EXEMPT IF:
    You are travelling FROM the US with a valid US visa and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom to another country; or

You are travelling TO the US from another country and hold a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom and a valid US visa;

"

Thus, for Britain, you do not need a transit visa, if you have a valid US visa & are travelling to/from US.

The best option would calling / checking websites of Consulates of countries through which you intend to travel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X