Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Application for spouse

Hi All,

I think this question has been asked before, but it seems I am coming across some conflicting information, thus would like to reach out to see if there are any others who have had a similar experience in the recent past (past 3-6 months).

I am on an H-1B, working in the US, and will be getting married in September. I intend for my spouse to be able to appear for the H-4 visa interview within a week from our marriage. Arrangements have been made to get the marriage certificate in time.

Now, in order to get a date well in time, my spouse would have to fill out the DS-160 now itself, but as of this date, we would not be married.

Here is where I seem to see conflicting posts, some saying that I should fill in the DS-160 only after marriage, which would make it risky to schedule an interview with certainty of getting the date that we need. On the other hand, I see some posts suggesting that the DS-160 can be filled before hand, entering the Marital status information as of the date of the interview.

a. Do any of us here have a recent experience, wherein people have filled out the DS-160 before marriage stating marital status as married, where the interview date is still AFTER marriage.

b. Do any of us have a converse to be true, where people have filled out the DS-160 before marriage, stating marital status as single, where the interview date is still AFTER marriage.

Basically, I guess my first question is regarding the information to be filled in the DS-160, whether it should be as of date of interview, or as of date of filling out of form, as the form submission date is something that is recorded on the confirmation.

My second question is regarding any experiences with the new Stanley company, if I choose a passport pickup (instead of delivery), is it the same day pickup (as was previously with VFS)?

Thanks
    Regards
    SS.

It should be as of date of interview
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X