Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Interview Fever! (CHENNAI)

Hi !
    I Hope my voice reaches the right person to Advice! I have a very unique problem the solution of which I could not get in the forum of experiences.
    I GOT MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND IN A ARYA SAMAJ MANDIR WITHOUT OUR PARENTS BEING THERE, BUT THERE WERE OTHER ELDERS PRESENT (FRIENDS). WE ARE REGISTERED BY HINDU MARRAIGE ACT TOO.I APPLIED FOR AN F2 VISA TWICE (AS MY HUSBAND WAS ON F1 EARLIER) AND IT GOT REJECTED BOTH THE TIMES AS MY HUSBAND WAS ON O.P.T AND ABOUT TO FINISH. HE GOT HIS H1 APPROVED AND IS CURRENTLY IN A VERY REPUTED COMPANY. MY DOUBTS AND WORRIES ARE...
    1). IS MY 2 TIMES F2 VISA REJECTIONS GOING TO AFFECT MY H4 ?
    and this is my main concern:
    2). BECAUSE OUR MARRAIGE WAS NOT A SOCIAL EVENT AND OUR PARENTS WERE'NT THERE...CAN THAT BE A REASON FOR THE CONSULATE NOT TO GIVE ME A H4 VISA?

Please.....HELP!!!
    what are the questions they ask in such situations at the interview?

WORRIED INDIAN

For H4 visa interview i wont think there will be any impact of the previous rejections.

coming to marriage registration, the consulate people only see your marriage registration certificate issued by the Registrar and also your marriage photos.Hope you might have taken marriage registration certificate. Until you say that my parents were not present at marriage it wont be known to consulate people. it will be good if your name is enrolled into u r spouse passport and also your husband name in u r passport.

Be cool all the best

ramesh rakam

Comment

hey

Oh! Thanks a lot for the supportive answer Ramesh! My interview date is nearing and the tension is still hanging on...though your reply really was immacuate. Thanks again!

Worried Indian

Comment

H4IF

listen dont get scared. You did not mention why the consulate rejected your visa. But as a general assumption when people are trying to call there dependants on F2 visa the consular would like to see if your husband who is on F1 can support you or not. Generally these issues are common for people calling their dependants in F1 status. Now your husband is on H1B so he can support you financially. I dont think that marriage is the main issue here. If you have a valid marriage certificate they should not create any problem. Just remember to be confidant and tell them the truth. They meet with a lot of people on a daily basis so they know the difference between a **** and real person.
        Rest best of luck for you interview.

Comment

Hi

Hey Rahul,

My F2 was rejected because when they asked me ''how will your husband support you in the US'' I produced his job offer letter from the consultant (where he was getting a pay) so they were like..''okie now we doubt tht your husband will ever want to come back to India so we cannot grant you your visa'' I was in a trauma (coz it was just by mistake tht i handed him tht offer lette)
          Now the situation is tht my husband has got a job in a multinational company. which has done his H1through premium processing and prepared a consulate package both for him and myself. Looking at the content I am certain his H1 stamping will be successful without doubts!
          But I am nervous about my H4 stamping. We were marraied in Arya Samaj Mandir, and our parents were'nt there at that time. But we had few uncles/ Aunties and friends present there. When you look at the pictures u can tell that it was a low profile marraige. Our registration certificate is genuine and we also have the arya smaaj certificate. My doubts was ...tht...I hope...they dont surround me with questions like:
          1. why was the marraige so low profile?
          2. why were'nt your parents present there in the marraige?
          3. why dint you have a social marraige?
          etc....etc...

What should I answer in such kinds of situation? I get very nervous while lying and ppl can tell...

Please help!

pia

Comment

hey Pia

Listen if you got married legally and you have marriage certificate, photos etc.. There is no issue in regards to the question about your marriage i am sure there was a reason for your parents not being there (may be they did'nt approve of the marriage etc) they know how our indian culture works really very well. Trust me they would understand. See i don't know what happened in your marriage etc but if you tell them the truth and try and keep calm they understand. But the main question here that i don't understand from you is that why or what part are you lying. You got married legally--- so no lying. Your husband was on F1 and then he moved to H1B --- that not lying. If they say or even ask about your old F4 rejection say the officer felt my husband could not support me on his F1 status.--- thats the truth.
            Listen just remember one thing the officer just looks at you if you show desperation or any kind of stress thats it. The more calm and quite you are the more better. Just put yourself in there shoes they meet hundreds of people they can just by looking at your face judge if anything is wrong. I know it is easier for me to say that done. If i was in your shoes i would also be worried like hell also. But let me tell you when i went for my visa stamping you won't believe everybody was sure i would get rejected but i had trained my mind in such a way that i was least bothered by all that. Guess what the guys who told me i would get rejected because i was not wearing formal and my documents were a mess got rejected and me on the other hand walked cooly to the consular she didnt even bother to ask me a question just said can i see your passport gave to her and she said pay the amount at the counter and collect your passport in the evening.
            So the moral of the story is that they have to find if you would be a potential immigrant and you on the other hand have to prove that you are not going to be a potential mmigrant. That all to it.I could not have put it in simpler words.

Comment

Hi,
              With H1 and H4, it does not matter if you display intentions of being a potential immigrant. In fact this visa gives you the option at the end of a certain period to settle down permanently in US with a Green Card. As far as the H4 stamping goes, you only have to prove the following to the officer beyond doubt:
              1.Your marriage
              2.spouse's emploment-how well he is paid(LCA complaince),all details of the company, projects, clients, client details if he works for a client presently
              3. Husband projects/timeline in the US substantiated with docs.
              4 your husband maintaining status in US.

Just remain calm. Body language plays an important part during the interview. Just compose yourself to explain all the facts to the Visa Officer, and the visa is yours.

All the best.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hey Veena & Rahul

I am Overwhelmed with the tremendous support I got from you guys! This website is marvelous!
                But Rahul...I have no problems in telling the truth that I had a love marraige with my parents not being there. The problem is how they will take it. It is probable that they might think that without the parents support incase things go wrong between me and my husband I could become a illegal resident there. That is the reason why I thought it would be better to hide the truth. What do you say?
                I undestand that you have been extremely Lucky. I am Happy for you...Please do pray for me!

Pia

Comment

hey pia
                  Just let me tell you one thing thinking negative is good but thinging negative to the extreme is not very good. Listen you had a love marriage so your parents did'nt approve it so they were not there thats it. why do you have to even get the thought that your husband will leave you or anything is that a probality that is making you think that way. See veena mentioned all the documents that you need thats it. If your husband is working and was never out od status there should not be any problem. That it just go give the interview and i hope we all will see you in US soon.

Comment

hi

Hey Rahul,

There was a little of a misundestanding there. I am not thinking negative me and my husband getting separated is out of question. Wht I am saying is WHAT IF THE VISA OFFICER THINKS SO? and think that as we had a love marraige, we might be immature...coz he might think that it could be that we might have got married in haste ( see these are the negative points adding to '' IF I SAY I HAD A LOVE MARRAIGE''
                    Thats all I meant in asking.
                    Once again...I am not thinking negative!

Pia
                    Last edited by H4IF; 09-18-2005, 11:10 PM.

Comment

pia
                      you know what you are really immature. Listen the visa officer cannot deny you visa if you have all the documents
                      1. Marriage Cetificate
                      2. Photos of the marriage
                      3. Yours husbands details like where he works what company,his salary,bank statement etc.
                      4. And a valid passport.

the visa officer is NOT interested in why you got married or when. he just needs to know if your husband can support you and he is legal in the country (which he is)
                      last but not the least GROW UP

Comment

Thanks To All

Hey !!!

Thanks a million to all of you who responded to my thread and gave me immense support mentally. I have trained my mind and I will keep my composure during the interview...I guess I was getting nervous due to the fact tht couple of my frds who got married in arya smaaj mandir got their
                        H4 visa rejected as they said tht the VO was'nt satisfied with thier marraige pictures and doubted if they had a social marraige.
                        I have crossed my fingers and lets c wht happens...
                        BUT ITS A VERY LAME EXCUSE FOR DENYING A VISA...''THT THE PERSON DID NOT HAVE A SOCIAL WEDDING WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE, RELATIVES, FREINDS AND PUBLICITY''
                        incase any of yours visa got rejected because of that...I am sorry...for all of you.

Pia

Comment

Hi Pia,
                          If u are going for a H4 along with ur husband it is unlikely that u would be questioned too much. Let ur husband do the talking - I hope he is a much more confident person than u.

Comment

Well Pia,
                            Would love to know how did it go ?
                            Did you finally get H4 ? Do let us know.

Rgds
                            H1Seeker

Comment

No More Fever!

Hey Guys!!!

I got my visa...NO MORE FEVER. The interview
                              was very smooth, though the VO did try to
                              make us nervous but when the papers are all
                              set then there is nothing to fear.
                              the VO did not ask me even one question.
                              all of them were directed to my husband.
                              any questions please do not hesitate in
                              asking me. I now know how it feels before
                              the interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X