H1B: Amendment - Dependent stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B: Amendment - Dependent stamping

I and my dependent wife have a H1B/H4B stamped visa till 18-Jan-2015 but did not travel to US. In the meantime i got a promotion and my employer filed a H1B Amendment which got approved. Now my employer wants me to get my visa re-stamped due to the amendment, however my employer says my wife need not get her visa re-stamped. I would like to know if its okay for me to get re-stamped while she travels on the basis of her visa prior to the amendment. Is my employer correct? Please advice.

As long as your wife's H4 is valid with a valid I94, she is good. Your H1 amendment is not linked to her VISA. She does not have to goto stamping again.

~cyanide.

Comment

H1B: Amendment - Dependent Stamping

Thanks cyanide. Since we are yet to travel there is no scope of I94. My wife has a valid H4 visa till Jan 2015, however the visa has a reference to my pettition file number which is invalidated because of H1B Amendment. So will there be any problem during POE for her if she is not re-stamping?

Comment

That's fine, it makes no difference to either of your Visas. Neither of you will need new Visas.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your inputs. Now my employer is sending me to the US consulate to get my visa re-stamped because of my H1B Amendmen. So my concern is my spouse visa has a reference to my pettition file number which will be invalidated because of H1B Amendment re-stamping. So will there be any problem during POE for her if she is not re-stamping?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X