Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Validity start date

My fresh H1 was approved @ June end and waiting for i797
    While submiting the petition ,my employer has given assignment dates as Feb2014 now am worried about this
    so in this case what about my validity start date OCT1st 2013 ( which is common to most) or some where in Feb2014

The petition will start on Oct 1. The employer does not have to send you to the US in Oct, they can do so later. If you are already in the US, your status will change on Oct 1, in that case you must start working form Oct 1.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      Actually we have requirement for the same client and same location from OCT 2013
      so can we pre pone the assignment start date as OCT1st right instead of feb2014 ,is it the process like gng for amendment ? or do i need to wait till feb2014 as this date was mentioned in I129?

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        The petition will start on Oct 1. The employer does not have to send you to the US in Oct, they can do so later. If you are already in the US, your status will change on Oct 1, in that case you must start working form Oct 1.
        I just want know, can we start before Oct 1 let's say mid September... if employer need any training to be done before Oct 1.

Comment

You can enter upto max 10 days before petition start date. But you can work only from the petition start date. You can start any sort of training or ground work but should not get paid for that period.

This is my opinionnot legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X