Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transfer - Receipt notice vs. approval notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer - Receipt notice vs. approval notice?

Hi there,

I am currently waiting for H1B transferring from my current employer A to new employer B. A said I can start to work right after receiving receipt notice.

So if this receipt notice means my visa will 100% be approved, I can just let A know before I got approval notice. Or else, if I noticed A, but the transfer process was not success, then I could not work for both companies.

So should I wait for approval notice or just let A know once I got receipt notice?

Many Many Thanks!

You correctly know the risk, so decide accordingly. How confident are you that B's petition will be approved? Is B a consulting company? Will you be working at a client's location? Will you have proper employee-employer relationship?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      You correctly know the risk, so decide accordingly. How confident are you that B's petition will be approved? Is B a consulting company? Will you be working at a client's location? Will you have proper employee-employer relationship?

B is a bank and I will work at in the employer's building. But I cannot guarantee my visa will be approved.
      And also, I have another question, can I travel aboard before starting to work for B if my H1B transfer is approved?

Comment

Direct employment with a non-consulting company has a much higher likelihood of petition approval.

You can leave the US at any time. If you want to start working for B on returning, you will need B's petition to be approved before you return. If you want to continue with A after returning, you can use A's petition, but it is possible that B's petition will be approved without I-94 in that case. If that happens you will need to again leave the US and return with B's petition in order to start working for B.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          Direct employment with a non-consulting company has a much higher likelihood of petition approval.

You can leave the US at any time. If you want to start working for B on returning, you will need B's petition to be approved before you return. If you want to continue with A after returning, you can use A's petition, but it is possible that B's petition will be approved without I-94 in that case. If that happens you will need to again leave the US and return with B's petition in order to start working for B.
          Thank you very much! kabkaba

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X