Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A->F1->H1 allowed?

Hi-

I have been in the US in L1-A from Nov 2008. My first extension was applied in may 2011 and the period of stay was extended until may 2013. My second extension is approved until may 2015. I do have plans to study Executive MS full time in the US. I’m planning to join by fall of 2014. The question I have is:
    1. Am I allowed to stay in US in F visa after course completion since I exceed the 7 year max out period in Nov 2015. I have only 2-3 months after course completion before maxing out on L1-A
    2. Can I apply H1 once I graduate and still have a 6 year period to stay in US after completing my masters? Do I have to go out of the country for a year to reset my counter since I never left the country until L1 A maxed out.
    3. In short is L1A->F1->H1 allowed? Is my transition from F1 to H1B possible without having to leave the country considering the fact that I’m in the US from Nov 2008.

Please help!

Originally posted by hariharans.s View Post
    Hi-

I have been in the US in L1-A from Nov 2008. My first extension was applied in may 2011 and the period of stay was extended until may 2013. My second extension is approved until may 2015. I do have plans to study Executive MS full time in the US. I’m planning to join by fall of 2014. The question I have is:
    1. Am I allowed to stay in US in F visa after course completion since I exceed the 7 year max out period in Nov 2015. I have only 2-3 months after course completion before maxing out on L1-A
    2. Can I apply H1 once I graduate and still have a 6 year period to stay in US after completing my masters? Do I have to go out of the country for a year to reset my counter since I never left the country until L1 A maxed out.
    3. In short is L1A->F1->H1 allowed? Is my transition from F1 to H1B possible without having to leave the country considering the fact that I’m in the US from Nov 2008.

Please help!
    No it will not be possible unless the rules change anytime soon, which may happen during the immigration bill passage. Under L1A you could have got a GC in quick time.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X