Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account type does not matter

Originally posted by rajesh11 View Post
    I know this question has been asked many times on this forum, but nowhere i can see the confirmed response, so asking again -

I am applying the USA B2 visa for my parents. While making payment through NEFT, I want to add the beneficiary account in my Citibank account, its asking me type of account. Embassy account details are as follows.
    IFSC Code- BOFA0MM6205 Bank of America N.A.
    Unique Beneficiary Account Number - TIER573095121633463
    Beneficiary Name - BANA MUMBAI US VISA SFA

Can somebody please let me know the following?

Type of account - Current or Saving?
    Type - NRE, NRO, Domestic?

I would appreciate the confirmed response, since this may result into financial loss.
    The Account type does not matter.
    When doing the transaction using NEFT, you need to make sure that Beneficiary Name, Unique Account Number and IFSC Code are same as what is provided to you.
    I've completed twice using SAVINGS accounts type and within 2 hours (Indian banking hours) I received the MRV receipt number, which usually is a part of your Unique Account Number.
    Hope this helps. This is a confirmed response.

Comment

If anyone needs help to add a payee NEFT (Indian Bank Citi) for Visa Fee this is what needs to be selected :
      1- Account Type - Current (confirmed with customer care)
      2-Type of account - Domestic
      3-Beneficiary Type - Others ( citi bank has 2 options others or individual, select others in this case )
      4-Account number - the account number generated TIER xxxxx (make sure to include TIER)
      5-IFSC Code - BOFAxxxxxx
      6-Beneficiary Name - BANA xxxxxx

There are lot of old post which could be misleading ,if you have slightest doubt you can reach the visa help team over chat or call and get your doubts sorted .
      I was able to add a payee and the receipt got generated in couple of hours as it was working hours in India .

Hope this helps .Cheers !!

Comment

Hi,

I have paid my fees in old BANA account by mistake which I have added three years ago.
        I am emailing to [email protected] but they are not fixing the issue, dont find any contact number too!

I dont know I should pay fees again? Will I get my money back?
        Need help urgently. Appreciate your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X