Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa Status not yet Received

Hi,

My employer had filled the H1B Visa for me for current year 2013.

The Employer had send the documents to Attorney for submitting it to immigration team in March Month.

The Attorney had submitted the document to immigration when the CAP was open on 1st April 2013.

However there is no reply from the immigration to attorney on My H1B VISA.

What shall i consider is my status of H1B VISA?

It would be a great help if anyone helps me in solving my query.

Regards,
    Swapnil

Originally posted by SwapnilV View Post
    Hi,

My employer had filled the H1B Visa for me for current year 2013.

The Employer had send the documents to Attorney for submitting it to immigration team in March Month.

The Attorney had submitted the document to immigration when the CAP was open on 1st April 2013.

However there is no reply from the immigration to attorney on My H1B VISA.

What shall i consider is my status of H1B VISA?

It would be a great help if anyone helps me in solving my query.

Regards,
    Swapnil
    Most if not all H1 decisions for current fiscal have been communicated to the attorneys/employers so you should check with your employer as to what is the status. If you have not made it through the lottery the package would have been returned to the attorney/employer. You can ask the employer if they can give you the receipt number to track it yourself. They are not obliged to give you the receipt number as sometimes employees use the receipt number to initiate a transfer to another employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Most if not all H1 decisions for current fiscal have been communicated to the attorneys/employers so you should check with your employer as to what is the status. If you have not made it through the lottery the package would have been returned to the attorney/employer. You can ask the employer if they can give you the receipt number to track it yourself. They are not obliged to give you the receipt number as sometimes employees use the receipt number to initiate a transfer to another employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the response.
      When i asked my Employer about the Status they are saying they will confirm me once they get back the refund from immigration department.
      Since they have not received the refund yet they are unable to say anything on my VISA status.

So here raised one more question can the refund delayed for this long or the employer is avoiding to share me my VISA status?

I have also been told by the employer that there are still some chances of getting the receipt number.

So i am confused

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X