Help regarding filling in present employer information in DS 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding filling in present employer information in DS 160

Hi, I am based in India and have a valid H1 with Employer 'A' in India. I worked in US earlier through this H1 on client 'B' project through Employer 'A'. I came back to India after my project with client 'B'. Now I got a job offer directly from this client 'B' who is based in US. client 'B' has already transferred my H1 to their name and I have to appear for visa stamping at US consulate in India before I travel to US to start work with client 'B'. While filing DS-160, whom shall I enter as my current employer (as I still work with employer 'A' and planning to resign only after visa stamping is approved)? Details about current employer are asked in present work Information section in DS-160. please suggest.. I am badly stuck in this section in Ds-160

Current employer should be A.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Current employer in DS-160 while not working at present

Hi kabkaba,

I have a similar situation and need your help urgently. I have resigned my current employer 'A' and took a holiday break. Now I got a job wih US employer 'B' and H1 is approved. While filling the DS-160 its asking the Current employer details while I am no more an employee of employer 'A'. I am not sure what to put in it since technically I think neither I am employee of 'A' and nor of 'B'. Please advise, Thanks in advance.

-Aks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X