Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa Stamping and Passport validity

Hello Everyone -

During my Visit to India for 3 weeks in August 2013 will go for my H1B Visa Stamping, This is my transfer from L1 (valid until May 2014) to H1 B (same organization) ,however my passport expires in Sept 2014 (more than 365 days as of the Interview date). As per my knowledge i cannot renew my passport in the US because it is valid for more than 365 days and in India i do not have much time to renew my passport and stamp my visa and return back in 3 weeks.

One of the criteria's for Visa appointment was that the validy of the passport has to be more than 6 months of the intended stay and my intended stay will be until my H1 -B Approval Notice period i.e. Sep 2015.

Does it mean that i will have my VISA stamped only until my passport validity (sept 2014) or would there be any issues while scheduling my Visa Appoitments.

Please guide . Thanks

Originally posted by myimmhelp View Post
    Hello Everyone -

During my Visit to India for 3 weeks in August 2013 will go for my H1B Visa Stamping, This is my transfer from L1 (valid until May 2014) to H1 B (same organization) ,however my passport expires in Sept 2014 (more than 365 days as of the Interview date). As per my knowledge i cannot renew my passport in the US because it is valid for more than 365 days and in India i do not have much time to renew my passport and stamp my visa and return back in 3 weeks.

One of the criteria's for Visa appointment was that the validy of the passport has to be more than 6 months of the intended stay and my intended stay will be until my H1 -B Approval Notice period i.e. Sep 2015.

Does it mean that i will have my VISA stamped only until my passport validity (sept 2014) or would there be any issues while scheduling my Visa Appoitments.

Please guide . Thanks
    L1 + H1 limit is 6 years. If approved you should get H1 typically till the remaining time .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X